Splitting MySQL Database?

~bk

I
Political User
I recently switched hosts for my website. So now I'm trying to upload MySQL database for my blog through phpMyAdmin but I can't as the upload limit is only 2MB. My file is around 5MB. I emailed the hosting company about it and this is what I got:

As of the moment the maximum file that can be uploaded at one time on our database is around 2 MB only. The only workaround that we can suggest on this is to slit the files into smaller pieces so that you can upload it one at a time and then just merge it back once its uploaded.

Now how do I do the italicized part? :p

X-Istence

Political User
Ehm, sure, chop the file into little bits, won't work though, since MySQL dumps are sensitive as to where you chop them. If you chop an INSERT in half MySQL WILL complain.

Put the file in a folder on your webhost, then contact your webhost and tell them to run this command:

mysql -u [your MySQL username] -p [database here] < file.sql

Then also give them a password, and they can import the database on the server itself. If they can't do this for you, consider switching to another host.

Bert JW Regeer

just FTP it to the server and tell phpmyadmin to use a server based file or login via ssh and upload it to mysql that way.

If you need an ssh enabled hosting account drop me a note.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaTHill