splinter cell - thoughts

Sazar

Rest In Peace
so far I have enjoyed it thoroughly...

playing and trying not to kill anyone :)

so far so good... I only got through the start and the house through the same levels as the second demo :) sure... more stuff in there... more buildup... and one of the better training startups I have seen....

(as compared to say unreal II)

but still all in all I am quite happy with this game... good sound effects... good atmosphere... good realism (some weapons require one to time their shots based on breathing) and the little gadgets... :)

one of the better games on the pc... I recommend it to anyone into stealth based FPS style games... (though it is 3rd person... a la max payne)...

and on my system it looks better than the xbox... so at least thats not a prob :)

I thought the game was excellent. Although I have only played the demos. The graphics are amazing. Even on my gf2. The lighting effects rock. I like the whole idea of sneaking around and not having to kill everything that moves, plus its more fun to sneak up behind someone grab'em and then wack'em on the head. I plan on buying it when I have the cash.

it's just about stealth no storylines like MGS just stealth.

METAL GEAR FOREVER!!! Snake would school that loser!!:p

Originally posted by Octopus
it's just about stealth no storylines like MGS just stealth.

there is a storyline :)

I have completed the first 2 missions and just started on the third... water effects seem to be dx7-ish :( but not all that bad... best water I have seen so far is probably unreal II... by far the ultimate water effects are in 3dmark03 but they are dx9 :)

I have so far managed to go through the game only killing 3 people... and I kinda had to do that... you are forced into that position :) but hey.. I have the 5th freedom or whatever lol...

I completed the game 3 times first kill few, then kill nobody, third kill everybody I can. Its fun I am :happy: with it. But ubi better come out with bonus pack or something otherwise I will be really :mad: .

I like the game a lot. I am talkign about the xbox version. Though I personally think that the Metal Gear Solid series are waaaaaay better. :p

Originally posted by neo
I completed the game 3 times first kill few, then kill nobody, third kill everybody I can. Its fun I am :happy: with it. But ubi better come out with bonus pack or something otherwise I will be really :mad: .

I think they will probably include the extra missions from the ps2 version as an add-on thinger...

splinter cell owns. there is a story line, i like it a hell of a lot better than mgs2. plus the game can be quite a challenge at some points. im on the last mission and i've been very impressed with the game. i highly recommend it, however a good computer is highly recommended, i've seen some issues with the optic cable and nightvision with computers that have gf2, works great with my gf4

enjoy all

multiplayer?

i heard there was multiplayer? is this true? i know theres suposed to be a multiplayer for XBOX but did it get switched to PC version? ..... i have the game and it rocks but i havent checked for multiplayer yet, too lazy plus single player has kept me busy so far..... :happy: , lates

RaZoR

ps... btw if there is multiplayer, how would that work??

This is a F*ckin GREAT game!!
I just finished my first time through. Wow WOW WOW
I havent been this into a game since I played Gothic.

Splinter Cell and Voodoo cards (4-5-6)

Will SC run with Voodoo 5 cards with updated drivers. Voodoo cards are not listed under the support sections for SC. I'm sure the cards could not handle the advanced lighting and shadowing effects..

I just discovered that you can use sticky cams to knock people out:happy: Its great, all you gotta do is hit'em in the head like with the ring airfoil, but you can retrieve the sticky cam and use it over and over again.

I did not know that, I got a butt load of them too. Thanks for the tip! I'm starting the Russian/Chinese mission now. "Yeah I know, find a fallout shelter and learn a few prayers." Great Game. I hate to say it thought but I think that this is way better then MGS, of course though, I'm mainly a PC gamer:)

im at the Cia Hq and i just picked up two air foils but i donnu how to use them cause i got no gun

is it true u can't use a joystick/controller? so u hafta use keyboard and mouse?

Originally posted by DeepBlade
is it true u can't use a joystick/controller? so u hafta use keyboard and mouse?

I can't imagine using a joystick/controller for this game @ all :)

the way I have mapped my buttons... my middle mouse wheel on click is the USE button and boy is it useful.. it also acts as the zoom in and cycle key lol... :)

it is only kb/mouse AFAIK since I have yet to see a joystick/controller option in the settings...

no gamepads/joysticks,...

sorry bud, no gamepads/joysticks, but i tihnk it runs better with keyboard and mouse, more accurate, especially better if you have a mouse with 5 buttons (MS Optical Intelli-mouse :blink: ) anyways, no one knows if this game has any multiplayer options or what??

RaZoR

just picked up the full version of this game after beating the demo four times in one day.

The distraction camera thing rules ( I forget the real name) where you can make it whistle and then gas the enemies.

Multiplayer would own!! but I don't think it would be possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back