Splinter Cell runs like $hit!!!

razor_ro

OSNN Addict
Wow, i installed this game hoping to get a good pc gaming experience and it just took all of my computer pride, :confused: hehe, ... the game runs like ****.... i am currently running the game at 1024x768 everything on low and i get barely 30 fps on average with no FSAA, :eek: highest fps is around 40 and lowest around 15, is it time for a new upgrade already?? if so thats $hit, :mad:, i was asking a few people and they said i might have a bottleneck somewhere, anyone know any tips or hints, thanks in advance,

RaZoR

ps.. my specs are in my sig, and i am using 42.90's for my vid card and 4.45 hyperions for my mobo, and evrything else is upto date, ...

Unless you have some hog of a program running in the background I ain't got a clue.

I had to turn my graphics to medium to get a good FPS around 90.

CPU - Athlon 2100+
Motherboard - A7N8x Deluxe
Video - Geforce 3 64mb

You should be able to run it decently with low then.

I get aorund 30 FPS with geforce 2 MX400!
don't run alot of programs in the background.
press alt+ctrl+del to fire up the task manager and end any service that you don't need.

Originally posted by razor_ro
Wow, i installed this game hoping to get a good pc gaming experience and it just took all of my computer pride, :confused: hehe, ... the game runs like ****.... i am currently running the game at 1024x768 everything on low and i get barely 30 fps on average with no FSAA, :eek: highest fps is around 40 and lowest around 15, is it time for a new upgrade already?? if so thats $hit, :mad:, i was asking a few people and they said i might have a bottleneck somewhere, anyone know any tips or hints, thanks in advance,

RaZoR

ps.. my specs are in my sig, and i am using 42.90's for my vid card and 4.45 hyperions for my mobo, and evrything else is upto date, ...

there must be a bug in your system some place...

your cpu and video card and other settings should allow you to run pretty decent I think...

btw am running @ 1600x1200 with all options maxed and highest quality sound... plays brilliantly :)

u got some good specs there!!! should be fine:cool:

thanks for the reply guys, but i tried almost everything, i went into MSCONFIG and set it up to load only basics, (so NORTON, MIRC, etc didnt load at startup) and same results, ... i also tried this mini-OS called GAMEOS which only loads up the basics and same results, i have tweak my gfx card for absolutely best performance and still no luck, .....i am running out of ideas, ... what could be holding my sytem back?!?! drivers?!? hmmmm

RaZoR

yep!!

yes i did, 1.1 right?... its not just splinter cell also, i cant seem to run C&C Generals or UNREAL 2 at good frame rates, (except, if i disable 3d shadows in C&C then it runs good) and unreal 2 and tournament i only pull off around 30fps on avg with the same config as splinter cell except QUINCUNX enabled, .... i dunno, but i hope i resolve this problem,....

kinda fixed it, ....

i get better fps now wihtout FSAA enabled and no ANISOTROPY at all, what i did notice in performance (a great deal) was unchecking TEXTURE SHARPENING, wow, it gave me much more fps once i disabled that... and i also went into the BIOS and changed my PCI DELAY TRANSFER from 32 to 128 and that improved system performance alot also, .... but thx for your reply guys, if anyone has any more suggestions, they are welcome, thx

RaZoR

ps.. new scores, 3dmark 2001se is 9800 and 3dmark 2003 is 1300, alot better

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back