H

hulabaloon

I've read that splinter cell supports the folloing Garphic Cards:
- Nvidia GeForce2 Ti/Ultra/Pro/GTS/MX400/MX
- Nvidia GeForce3 family
- Nvidia GeForce4 family
- Matrox Parhelia
- ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9500/9700

How do I find out what Graphic Card my computer has? (Its a Dell dimension 4500)

Originally posted by hulabaloon
I've read that splinter cell supports the folloing Garphic Cards:
- Nvidia GeForce2 Ti/Ultra/Pro/GTS/MX400/MX
- Nvidia GeForce3 family
- Nvidia GeForce4 family
- Matrox Parhelia
- ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9500/9700

How do I find out what Graphic Card my computer has? (Its a Dell dimension 4500)

1-go to ALL PROGRAMS
2-ACCESSORIES
3-SYSTEM TOOLS
4-SYSTEM INFORMATION.
now click on COMPONENETS and choose DISPLAY.

will a '16mb ATI Rage 128 Ultra' work with splinter cell? I am bit worried 'cos the demo wouldn't work, does the game support a wider range of graphic cards?

Most other new games do work with my system - Mafia, AOM, etc

That Graphics card is very slow and old. You should consider upgrading it if you like playing games. You can download the Demo of splinter cell and try that. But i dont see how its going to run smoothly on that terrible graphics card.

Originally posted by hulabaloon
will a '16mb ATI Rage 128 Ultra' work with splinter cell? I am bit worried 'cos the demo wouldn't work, does the game support a wider range of graphic cards?

Most other new games do work with my system - Mafia, AOM, etc

I doubt it will run with your 3D card.The game runs slwoly with my geforce 2 MX400,go to the game options and set everything to low it might work.

Originally posted by RaWShadow
That Graphics card is very slow and old. You should consider upgrading it if you like playing games. You can download the Demo of splinter cell and try that. But i dont see how its going to run smoothly on that terrible graphics card.

Can anyone recommend a graphics card I could get? are there any good ones for under £50? Is a "Gainward Nvidia Geforce 4 MX420 64MB AGP " any good? Its £49.99

for your price range you are not really going to be getting an upgrade... maybe a little speed bump over your current baby...

sure games will be faster and you can play @ higher res as well... but if you are gaming you should be looking @ slightly higher end cards... such as the radeon 8500 series/gf4ti4200/radeon 9500 PRO...

I have listed in order of price as found over here in the US... and I think the pricing should be consistent over in the UK as well...

I will get the PS2 version not the pc one.It will be more stable and the graphics are much better besides this there will be more levels.:)

Originally posted by Octopus
I will get the PS2 version not the pc one.It will be more stable and the graphics are much better besides this there will be more levels.:)

Xbox is the daddy :p PS2 will never beat those graphics :D

Skazz

um :)

my pc shows better graphics and I prefer my keyboard/mouse combo option over that of the xbox version...

that being said I am rather impressed with the xbox's rendering of splinter cell... wow... :)

but it will never displace Halo as my no.1 xbox game...

Originally posted by skazzyuk
Xbox is the daddy :p PS2 will never beat those graphics :D

Skazz

it's the same I haven't noticed any differences( I watched it on the tv),GC gives better polygons that those two.

I want to make a clone copy of sp3 the third cd. So I don't keep scraching it. I tryed with roxio easy 5.something it's say it done in 10 seconds and nothing is writien in cd. Help Plz. Thank in adwance

Erm I think this thread was about splinter cell, you may wanna make your own thread neo :D

Skazz:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back