Splinter cell lighting effects

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
What does everyone think of the lighting effects in splinter cell on the pc? I think they are a little mucked up.

must be an issue with your computer because they look wounderful to me.

No problems here. What do you mean by mucked up anyways?

Are you talking about the demo? Because they are a bit messed up in that (eg. light from computer monitors seen through body), but I haven't played the full version so I can't comment on that.

the demo sucked when it cmae to lighting. but full was good! b/c it had settings and options

there are no problems per se with the lighting... there is an issue with saturation when it comes to AA and FSAA AFAIk... but I have not seen it in either the demo or the full version..

personally I have only ever had 1 problem.. and that was fxed with the patch 1.1 released... game crashing to desktop when I entered a vent... :( but its all fixed and I have since finished the game a few times...

the game makes excellent use of dynamic lighting and you can really tell how cool this is by playing maxed out @1600x1200 or by playing with high levels of AA and/or FSAA... the game looks just stunning... :)

the lightning effects is 2 thumbs up.. saw my freind play the other day on a gfTi 4600

Originally posted by prodj88
the demo sucked when it cmae to lighting. but full was good! b/c it had settings and options

the demo runs like an arabic horse with ATI 9700 pro in some areas I get low FPS I think 20 fps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back