• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Splinter cell lighting effects

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
What does everyone think of the lighting effects in splinter cell on the pc? I think they are a little mucked up.

djwhite

OSNN Senior Addict
Are you talking about the demo? Because they are a bit messed up in that (eg. light from computer monitors seen through body), but I haven't played the full version so I can't comment on that.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
there are no problems per se with the lighting... there is an issue with saturation when it comes to AA and FSAA AFAIk... but I have not seen it in either the demo or the full version..

personally I have only ever had 1 problem.. and that was fxed with the patch 1.1 released... game crashing to desktop when I entered a vent... :( but its all fixed and I have since finished the game a few times...

the game makes excellent use of dynamic lighting and you can really tell how cool this is by playing maxed out @1600x1200 or by playing with high levels of AA and/or FSAA... the game looks just stunning... :)

Originally posted by prodj88
the demo sucked when it cmae to lighting. but full was good! b/c it had settings and options
the demo runs like an arabic horse with ATI 9700 pro in some areas I get low FPS I think 20 fps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies