SphereXP

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
The SphereXP is a 3D desktop replacement for Microsoft Windows XP. Taking the known concept of three-dimensional desktops to its own level. It offers a new way to organize objects on the desktop such a icons and applications.
From SphereXP homepage

I'd highly recommend to try this out, it's so cool. It's still in development, but looks great. It takes some time 'till you figured it out (I lost some of my opened windows, but luckily the Taskbar still resides), but after that it's a very cool experience.
I run this on a PIII 800 MHz, 256 MB RAM and a Geforce3 TI200 GPU-card and it running very smooth, even in the ultrahigh texture modes.

Here's a screenshot

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 148
ooh, nice catch Glaanieboy, I think that deserves +rep

You could probably also install it on a friends PC and make them think they are drunk with windows that angle :D

Hehe :D. I got this from a colleague, who installed it on his work-desktop, but unfortunately the Matrox Millenium G550 card didn't quite handle the smooth graphics. But here at home it's as smooth as possible.

I donno, all the screenshots make me dizzy

Oh and screenshots don't to it good. You really have to see and use it for yourself. Remember it's still a Beta.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back