Sphere XP

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
This thing is wicked cool, it gives you a 3D look at your desktop. The screenshots are jaw-dropping :D

18.jpg

19.jpg

http://www.spheresite.com/

didn't they get that idea from vista?

how much memory to run it without slowing down your other apps?

when they say "free trial" they don't say how long that means, any ideas?

That looks pretty cool. Actually, they probably got their idea from Expose perris :)

I don't know if my GMA 900 could handle all that though :p

Well Expose first, Vista 2nd, but regardless this will run on XP, which Expose will as well.

Advantages to SphereXP - it's free (but still in beta). Last I checked there was a cost for the Expose for Windows.

EDIT: I also think Expose was 2D, not slanted like that...

Expose is part of OSX dude :p I think you're talking about a program that attempts to mimic expose.

And yeah, Expose is 2D.

Grandmaster said:
Expose is part of OSX dude :p I think you're talking about a program that attempts to mimic expose.

And yeah, Expose is 2D.
I know it is, but this is a Windows based thread and I was talking about the Windows version of Expose :lick:

It's only $7, but still costs money :p

http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/WindowsExposer/

Perris - 256MB is minimum, and 512MB is recommended. You could give it a shot, here are the requirements in full...

Requirements: -Windows XP (2000), 3D accelerated graphics adapter (min 64MB), processor
should be at least 1.0 GHz. 256 MB RAM (512MB recommended)

-.NET Framework 2.0 installed !!!

EDIT: I guess this would be a program trying to "mimic" expose, heh :p

what it takes to run the graphix and what it takes to then run everything else smoothe are two differant animals

get it going and let us know how it runs on your box with other apps going on

perris said:
what it takes to run the graphix and what it takes to then run everything else smoothe are two differant animals

get it going and let us know how it runs on your box with other apps going on
Will do, but can't until I get home, currently at work.

Also, my system is a little beefier than yours, might not be a fair comparison :D

Also should stress it's in Beta, so it is probably buggy.

i don't like the aliasing, which was evident on vista screenshots too

plus i cant see how it'll make me more productive, even with a decent system like mine :p

doesn't support dual monitors.... at least that I could find in the 5 mins I messed with it.

tried it for a few mins, doesn't seem to offer anything actually useful

Looks nice though

heh, way to site precedence Marge :)

Last edited:
Research and Developement, she is sloooooooow. :D

They probably lost funding for a bit, or they found girlfriends. :p

Or maybe the lost their girlfriends, and in turn their funding :p

As Marge pointed out, it's been around for a while. I tried it a long time ago, but found it to be more gimmicky than actually useful. The faux-3D arrangement of windows on an essentially 2D surface didn't really feel right. I think that's one of the reasons why none of the mainstream operating systems have full 3D user interfaces yet; usability testing probably showed that it was more confusing than beneficial.

Now when there's an actual major paradigm-shift in the future, and we're no longer restricted to the current keyboard-mouse-display mode of operation, a true 3D UI might actually become truly usable. Think of a "UI" where you interact directly with virtual objects projected into a 3D space. :)

I thought the point was mainly to look cool...
Also, i wonder if its one of those things where it went into development then it lost its momentum...

Vanquished said:
I thought the point was mainly to look cool...
Also, i wonder if its one of those things where it went into development then it lost its momentum...
Wow...
Im using this...
Its so amazing, there is now hold up on my machine and it is so cool, I have icons that are behind me (virtually), it increases the desktop space like 100 times over!

Definately get it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back