$$$ spending on a computer

that may have been dell's letters but all intel boards are d(desktop) or s(server) now

if its 478 pin and rambus it would have to be one of those unless it has 533 bus

I have only spent about $500 CND on my setup. My mother works at a computer store, so I get all my parts for cost, and some other the store just gives to me.

if you hunt around and are creative good parts can be had at a decent price

falcon nw computer are not prebuilt, each of them are built by hand to each order they dont come from a prebuilt system and add the parts u wanted..........

Ok M1ke. Falcon NW may not be prebuilt in the way that Dell and them are but they do like Dell and then sell preconfigured models and from those u can add and remove stuff. They however don't offer any office software or games besides the ones in Windows. So M1ke we're both right and in someways wrong. U will still pay more for the system as opposed to building one urself as the price includes the labor to build the system

Originally posted by spikemic
that may have been dell's letters but all intel boards are d(desktop) or s(server) now

if its 478 pin and rambus it would have to be one of those unless it has 533 bus

dont the new 533 bus intel chip still uses the 478 pin mobo? at that time when i bought my computer its only offer 400 bus speed, the 533 didnt come out like another 2-3 months or so.

also wow Goatman $500, can you hook me up with a geforce 4. =)

Wait till November when the Nvidia NV-30 comes out...I'll sell you mine ;)

hummm...you got any link where i can read about the NV-30, never heard of it

Originally posted by FoSsiL

dont the new 533 bus intel chip still uses the 478 pin mobo? at that time when i bought my computer its only offer 400 bus speed, the 533 didnt come out like another 2-3 months or so.

yea all the intel motherboards are 478 pin the 423 are pretty much retired at this point.

wonder if dell have this policy where you can trade in your old pentium 4 for an upgrade to the 533 bus speed one? that will be great instead of having old hardware stacking up in your closet.

wow! grinder you tweak your fsb. how it running, is it stable? also you got any special cooling to keep it at 35c. damn maybe i should do that also as long as it dont fry my cpu =)

Stock fan, stock cpu, stock MB, stock MEM.

Buddy was so impressed, he went out and bought the same setup....and you can see it HERE

Originally posted by FoSsiL
wow! grinder you tweak your fsb. how it running, is it stable? also you got any special cooling to keep it at 35c. damn maybe i should do that also as long as it dont fry my cpu =)

So stable you cant even tell its overclocked....And Im totally serious. :D

ahh i dont care lol but the only computers from falcon nw that come prebuilt are the talon models

$2,819.00 for a Mach V an intel template So M1ke its a prebuilt system

I never buy a complete pc package except a laptop.

it just waste of $$ when buy a whole new pc. In fact, I had never seen any PC package fits my needs.

The package always comes with the hardwares some aren't good enough and some are too good for me that I don't need. If you try to trim the package to suit you, it ends up paying more than it should be ;)

so hard to say spend how much for a whole pc. I think most people will prefer "upgrade" components instead.

On average, I upgrade my pc every few months. ie. harddisk, motherboard, cpu, etc. one at a time.

so, about $1000/yr

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back