$$$ spending on a computer

all my computers evolve also, one advantage of building computers for others, parts can constantly be swapped for better while old stuff goes out in another...........
other than laptop, singularly my p4 is prob most spent and its under $700, including the pair of 21" monitors :D :D :D

personally i think lcd is very crisp
however im no professional graphic artist or stuff like that where image quality would be of high importance

i play cs,medal of honor,wc3,tribes......all look great to me
no ghosting..no dead pixels

i paid about 980dollars for this monitor about 1.5yrs ago from outpost

im currently looking for a new bigger lcd:)

and sorry guys but my girlfrend got dibs on the monitor......

viewing angle not a concern for me with tv out enabled clone mode

from what ive read crts are better displays but im never going back since this monitor:)

takes up less space...lighter....uses less power.....and not to mention the "coolness" factor...oooooo's aaaaaah's.....lol

anybody usin the kds rad 9 19"? currently looking into that one:)

the best thing lcds have besides less power and heat, etc is the fact theres no radiation so your eyes dont get tired and bug out......

hmmmmm......

If you want the best of the best pc's mostly for a bad ass gaming rig check out http://www.Falcon-NW.com and click on the Mach V ones but be ready to spend about $5,000.00 easy. I have one and its the best comp you can buy for gaming

This is my comp:

Windows XP Pro
Mach V Exotix ATC 110 Colored Case
Enermax Whisper 550 Watt Power Supply
Asus A7M266-D (Dual AMD) AMD760MPX 5PCI
Qty:2 - AMD AthlonXP 2100+ MP
Qty:2 Coolermaster Socket A CPU Heatsi
PC2100DDR Registered 1536MB
Western Digital WD1200JB (SE) 120GB
Teac 1.44mb 3 1/2 Drive (BLACK)
Sony 52X IDE Internal Caddyless 78ms
Plextor Plexwriter 40/12/40
Toshiba 16X DVD w/Hardware Decoder
eVGA GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB DDR
Sony CPD-G520 21in. .24AG 2048X1536
Logitech Deluxe Access 104 KYBD
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
Creative Labs Audigy Platinum EX
Klipsch Promedia 5.1 500 Watt
3-Com 3C905TX 10/100 NIC
3Com 56K V.90 INT PCI Hardware Modem
APC Professional 7T Surge Protector
Extended 3 Year Warranty

I paid (well not actually me my parents :eek: ) well they paid like 7k they tell me but its what i wanted for my 16th bday, you only turn 16 once hehe

oh and....

If u hook the Mach V comps up with the intel template be about to spend like 2-3k more than i did Intel is overpriced and is just like when u buy something name brand ur just paying for the nametag AMD owns intel in my opinion but hey its my opinion u guys can have yours hehe

Current system in sig. I spent about $1200 (USD) on the parts this past February. All from newegg. (I love that place)
The only things I already had were the joystick, razer and nostromo. I've since added the Logitech 4.1 speakers @ $130 US (beauty!)
As far as the "evolution" theory, ya, I've got parts of my old systems all over town..hehe. I'm already thinking of passing this one off to my oldest son and building a new one. :p

When I bought my PC, a year ago from now, it costs above 3000$..

I also build my own. I would have to add it all up but it is almost certainly more than $2500.00 U.S.

SuperCase Full Tower
4 each 80 Gig Maxtor 7200 RPM ATA133 Drives (320 Gig Raid Array)
1 each 80 Gig Maxtor 7200 RPM Boot Drive
1 Each ACOM External (For File Transfer & Backup) 60 Gig (USB 2 & Firewire Connect)
3 each 512Meg Hynix PC2700 DDR 333 Ram (1.5 Gig)
ABIT AT7 Max Motherboard
SounBlaster Audigy Platinum
A+ GPB 500 Watt Power Supply
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500DV 64 Meg
JVC SVHS HR-S5400U For Video Editing
AMD XP2000+ Processor W/PentAlpha APSK0169B Heatsink & Fan
2 each-SNT Hot-Swap Mobile Racks
Plextor 40/12/40A CDRW
Sony 16X DVD
KDS Avitron 19" True Flat Monitor
Olympus D-40 Zoom 4 Megapixel Digital Camera
HP-1200 LaserJet Printer
Epson Stylus PHOTO 785EPX Color InkJet Printer 2880 DPI
PrimaScan 2400U USB Scanner
WindowsXP Professional

NO! A Good CRT is by far superior to any LCD's I have seen. The only advantage the LCD's have is their weight and the fact that they use a smaller amount of desk space. There was an article 1 or 2 months back on the screen savers at ZDNet......Now PLASMA Screens...Hmmmmmm ...That is another story...I just don't have 6 Grand or so to spend on one!

I would put together a dual Athlon system with 1GIG of ram and a raid array. The fastest Video card on the market at the moment, DVD recordable, CDRW. And this:

IMG_vp230b_lrg.jpg

23.1" TFT LCD display with SuperClearMVA™
ViewSonic proudly introduces the 23.1" VP230mb LCD display with 170° viewing angles and a 1600 x 1200 native resolution. Our SuperClearMVA technology, with its ultra-fast video response time, makes this display perfect for video editing or computer animation. With a large screen, beautifully saturated color and sharp picture, the VP230mb lends itself well to engineering applications and standard business applications. And the 3-watt bezel-integrated speakers sound great, even when the LCD is wall mounted. Once you've seen the elegant and impressive VP230mb, you won't settle for anything less.

$3200.00

Ahhhhh... To dream :D

Re: hmmmmm......

Originally posted by M1ke

I paid (well not actually me my parents :eek: ) well they paid like 7k they tell me but its what i wanted for my 16th bday, you only turn 16 once hehe

and they wonder why kids have no sense of value these days......i paid for all i have and for my 16th i got a card, cake, couple small gifts, and the ability to go get a drivers licence.........

I buy the best I can get and upgrade often, but since i do all the assembly, installations, and troubleshooting myself, I feel that I've saved money.

they said i could have anything i wanted and i recently read about them on multiple websites and magazines and scence of value i have scence of value, what do u think i get everything i want?? Not really, far from that.

i am in the hole for the amount that i spend on all my systems/other local servers.

for my rig which is complete at the bottom I paid slightly north of 600 dollars and am going to spend another 170 or so for a monitor and a speaker system (4.1 with remote)

anybody spending 6 grand or so...well mate I am sure that money could be better spent... you could BUILD a system for a third of that and spend the rest on booze or a downpayment on a car...

6 grand :( whats this world coming to....

but thats just me...

btw I can't see where the money went for this rig...

Windows XP Pro
Mach V Exotix ATC 110 Colored Case
Enermax Whisper 550 Watt Power Supply
Asus A7M266-D (Dual AMD) AMD760MPX 5PCI
Qty:2 - AMD AthlonXP 2100+ MP
Qty:2 Coolermaster Socket A CPU Heatsi
PC2100DDR Registered 1536MB
Teac 1.44mb 3 1/2 Drive (BLACK)
Sony 52X IDE Internal Caddyless 78ms
Plextor Plexwriter 40/12/40
Toshiba 16X DVD w/Hardware Decoder
eVGA GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB DDR
Sony CPD-G520 21in. .24AG 2048X1536
Logitech Deluxe Access 104 KYBD
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
Creative Labs Audigy Platinum EX
Klipsch Promedia 5.1 500 Watt
3-Com 3C905TX 10/100 NIC
3Com 56K V.90 INT PCI Hardware Modem
APC Professional 7T Surge Protector
Extended 3 Year Warranty

the money went in the companies pocket as they laughed to the bank.........

for that much i could have built 6 computers and still made money
i dont have that much in the 12 i have here............

well mach v is the best and i like the best of the best heh. I am going to build my own so i can play network games and stuff i will make it like the mach v

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back