$$$ spending on a computer

F

FoSsiL

Here a question for you guys. How much are you willing to spend on a new computer?

Well this question is pretty unstable ; depends of the country . Here you can buy with 1000$ a performant PC . :) . So cheap components here ...

bout 1 n a 1/2 thousand for a dream pc that lasts half a year :p

I build my own machines and have probably already spent more than $1500 on the one I have now.

I build my own. So far this stands me at about £2000+
LOL i dread to think what its worth now. I spend about £50 a week on this as is to keep it up to spec...

id be willing to spend as much money as it takes to make a nice computer

My new system is gonna cost too much :( ... lol

$2500 - includes P4 2.26b, GA-8IHXP, 1024MB PC1066 RDRAM, Radeon 9700, 17" LCD, etc ...

Oh well. Should rock for about a year or so ... :)

mavis

My computer Evolves rather than being bought outright. I've still got the floppy drive from my 486 :rolleyes:

I've been spending lots of money making it silent. Loudest things at the moment are the hard drives. :D

Id go to a max of £1200 UK sterling, dunno quite what that equivilates to in $ ??

Anybody wanna give me that said £1200, Id be ever so grateful!!!!!!!! lol :D

read sig below... spent a total of about 700 dollars so far...

in line with that I would probably spend a max of 1000 dollars... no incl monitor...

my curent pc cost £1,000, but i'd go up 2 £1,500

1000 bucks for tower
1000 bucks for monitor

gonna upgrade monitor...anybody want my old one:)

WOW! some of you pplz are really going deep into your pockets =). I got no money and parents wont help me pay for it so $ 800 for me.
hey does LCD monitor give off a way better display than the regular ones?

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
1000 bucks for tower
1000 bucks for monitor

gonna upgrade monitor...anybody want my old one:)

Hey how do you like that monitor?? I'm planning on buying the 171T, I think the only difference is better viewability (170 degrees instead of 160) and higher contrast (500:1 instead of 350:1 or whatever) ...

Anyway, is that monitor you have decent? Is it good for games, etc (ie ghosting and that stuff) ?

thanks / mavis

I'm with Bytes Back on this one, I continuously upgrade my system, never have the money to buy all the parts for a new system at a given time.

Currently working on overhauling the rig in my sig right now, little by little, just replaced my cdrw drive, added more memory, have some AS3 on order, and will probably pick up an AX-7 and a 80mm fan to try and straighten out my high temps, then I'll get a new case/psu, round cables, and then on to a new cpu/mobo, possibly new ram if I go ddr (don't see any reason why I won't though).

lcd = no flicker far as I know... monitors are not my forte...

however aren't crt's better for gaming? they have better resolutions don't they?

fill me in...

if not / bastid... how much is your lcd for :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back