Spell-checking.

Andy

Meep.
I'm on the hunt for a free spell checking program.

My options are either a small program I can have running in the dock, that I can paste text into, have it checked, then copy out and paste where-ever. The other option is a global spell checking type deal, that would check my spelling within Adium/Firefox/etc and let me change it there.

I've already checked out 'Spell Catcher' (?!), but that cost money.
Any ideas?

don't know much about mac apps, but I would think you can leave your word processor or mail client going and use that to spell check

The point is I want something faster than using Google and Work, I want a program that'll open fast, gimmie the correction quick, and send me on my merry way.

Buy Encarta 2005 DvD it has a spelling component/dictionary which can be added to startup and accessed by clicking it in the notification area!

Lee said:
Buy Encarta 2005 DvD it has a spelling component/dictionary which can be added to startup and accessed by clicking it in the notification area!
Yeah, that'll work on a Mac. :rolleyes:

Andy, you know that (native) OS X applications have in-built spell checking?

I understand that apps like Fx don't. The easiest way to do it though would be to keep a copy of TextEdit open, right click the window, select spelling->check spelling as I type (setting will stick)... that option's available (read: should be) in all (read: most) native apps.

AdiumX has spellcheck .. it's under Edit -> Spellcheck

Safari has it as well, in any text box right click -> spelling -> check spelling as you type.

Works like a charm. I personally prefer Safari over Firefox anyways :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back