Spell check for OE not enabled in XP Home?

M

MonkeyBoy

My friend just bought a machine with XP Home and spell check is not an option with Outlook Express. I have only used XP Pro, never even touched Home. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

The spelling tab is not even there....I asked him to go there from the begining and he said he doesnt even have the option..

When he composes a new mail the Spell Check button on the toolbar is even greyed out......with or without text in the message field..

very interesting

I'll go home, and try it on my dad's home xp also.

I'm sure I don't have a special oe

Have them go here Third program down - Spell Checker for OE

I ran into the same thing with my daughter's computer.
Spell Checker for Outlook Express, adds the ability to use spell checking in Outlook Express without the need to install other MS products such as Word, or MS Office.

Once installed, all the greyed out areas will be available and if I remember correctly the spelling tab will be added also.

<edited> Site was updated - it's the 4th program down now!<edited>

Originally posted by MonkeyBoy
It's not working I just get spammed...

Let me get this straight - you downloaded and installed Spell Checker for OE on your friends XP Home machine and you are getting spammed on your XP Pro machine???:huh: :huh:

Only kidding - my daughter says it works fine - however there are other programs available - just do a search on Google for "Spell checker for OE" - I am about 99.9% sure the problem is that there is no Spell Checker available for OE to use and thus the grayed out areas and the lack of tabs.

There is no native spell checker with OE. You must have an MS program installed to get this feature (MS Office, Word, Works, etc.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back