• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Spell check for OE not enabled in XP Home?

M

MonkeyBoy

My friend just bought a machine with XP Home and spell check is not an option with Outlook Express. I have only used XP Pro, never even touched Home. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

M

MonkeyBoy

The spelling tab is not even there....I asked him to go there from the begining and he said he doesnt even have the option..

M

MonkeyBoy

When he composes a new mail the Spell Check button on the toolbar is even greyed out......with or without text in the message field..

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Have them go here Third program down - Spell Checker for OE

I ran into the same thing with my daughter's computer.
Spell Checker for Outlook Express, adds the ability to use spell checking in Outlook Express without the need to install other MS products such as Word, or MS Office.

Once installed, all the greyed out areas will be available and if I remember correctly the spelling tab will be added also.

<edited> Site was updated - it's the 4th program down now!<edited>

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Originally posted by MonkeyBoy
It's not working I just get spammed...
Let me get this straight - you downloaded and installed Spell Checker for OE on your friends XP Home machine and you are getting spammed on your XP Pro machine???:huh: :huh:

Only kidding - my daughter says it works fine - however there are other programs available - just do a search on Google for "Spell checker for OE" - I am about 99.9% sure the problem is that there is no Spell Checker available for OE to use and thus the grayed out areas and the lack of tabs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test