spell check and OE

B

badhrt

I'm not sure if this will help anyone or not, but I thought I'd pass it on.
I run XP pro with Outlook Express 6 and was never able to do any spell checking (always came up with an error message) even though I had Office 97 on my Machine. I was reading a tip supplied by
Lockergnomie Tom Maenner to locate 'csapi3t1.dl_' on the Windows XP CD and expand it as 'csapi3t1.dll' in this directory: C:\ Program Files \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ Proof, which resolved the problem for him but still came up with an error message for me. I decided to do a search for the 'csapi' file in explorer and found another copy of it in 'C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles' and found there was a size difference between it and the one I got off my XP disc. I replaced the file in the proof folder with a copy of the one I had just found and low and behold spell check is working fine.

Badhrt in your post you say
>>I was reading a tip supplied by
>>Lockergnomie Tom Maenner to locate 'csapi3t1.dl_' on the >>Windows XP CD and expand it as 'csapi3t1.dll'

This may be a dumb question but how do I expand 'csapi3t1.dl_' ?
I am having this problem and do not have 'csapi3t1.dll' in C:\ Program Files \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ Proof. I have located the .dl_ file on the XP CDROM

Thanks DD

Just drag it to your desktop and rename it by putting in the second 'L' dl"l" sans the quotes. you then have to copy and paste or drag it to the new location.
If that doesn't solve your problem which as I said in the second part of my post it didn't for me, then try a search on your system and see if there is another copy of it somewhere then copy and paste to the location where it is required.

b

Thanks,

I was afraid that was the answer. I had tried that, still not working though. There is no other instance of the file on the system. Would you mind looking at the properties of 'csapi3t1.dll' on your system? I show the size as 20.8 KB (21,305 bytes). The other thing that I notice is the other .dll files in ..../proof have a version tab in their properties window 'csapi3t1.dll' does not.

Thanks for the help

My file is quite a bit larger (70.4K) I can send you a copy if you supply me with your email address either by posting it or by pm (private message)

"b"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back