Speeeeeed!

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
Some nights are just fun. :D
*hugs cable modem*

funnight.gif

lol... mate if thats the top speed you get on your cable... check out www.speedguide.net and also check out www.getright.com and dl with multiple segments... :)

but truly xsiv.. I am very happy for you... thats a bloody decent dl speed...

Download: 320.88 KB/s ... yes, yes, it was :D

The other night I kicked my dial up conection in the Guts and got this.

*gets a sledgehammer and does some really serious injury to his dialup modem*

I haaaate modems!

**** it. when can they get dsl out here, to my neighbourhood? (anything else, like t1 or t2, is unthinkable.)

't1 or t3' even :)

(there isn't such a thing as t2, is there?)

Anyone who has a faster connection than me is evil and deserves to go and live in Wales :). Which is nearly everybody

i got a 10MB conn , it rocks when u download stuff :D
i live in Sweden btw...

Its so unfair!!! lol :( I'm still stuck on 56k. Best I get is 5.6kps

maximum speed from a 56kbps modem is just over 7K

56kbps (kilobits second) - 8 bits in a byte =7 kilobytes second

of course this a theoretical speed and would require a prefect connection etc etc

I use my school network for normal internet, no idea what it is but it is bloody slow.
The other times I get about 986 bytes per second, using a 9.6Kbps dialup mobile phone.

You all get nothing but pure hatred from me. Well maybe not all of you. But anyone with a DSL or better.

Cant wait til I get to Uni, high speed, no monitoring. Nice.

Originally posted by gtgarside
no monitoring.

very very unlikely, since Unis are having more and more trouble with virus' and hackers (because most are at Uni!). not to mention other illegal content.

Originally posted by stuy_b
Its so unfair!!! lol :( I'm still stuck on 56k. Best I get is 5.6kps

You're kidding? Man and I thought mine was slow! I've got 56k too and currently I'm at 48.0kbps, (is that good for dial up? It is ISDN though) have never actually managed to get to 56, 48kbps is the highest.:mad:

ISDN is alot different to normal dial up!

Well, I didn't hink you guys would believe me when I told you my connection speed so I'll put a screendump with it. This connection really, really, REALLY rocks and it's virtually costless. Check the screenie. :p

Originally posted by sazar99
lol... mate if thats the top speed you get on your cable... check out www.speedguide.net and also check out www.getright.com and dl with multiple segments... :)

but truly xsiv.. I am very happy for you... thats a bloody decent dl speed...

Ahhhhhhhh!!! :eek: GetRight is THE evil spyware program!

I got ntl's Gold Broadband service. 1024/256 which is about 140k downloads and 25k uploads :)

Yes the UK feckin suX0rz when it comes to up-to-date internet technology @ el cheapo price.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back