News SpeedFan 4.39

SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
Supports 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003 - 32 and 64 bit XP, Vista and Windows 7

Changes in 4.39
- added full support for Fintek F71889F, even at unusual addresses
- added support for a new method to access SMART data
- added support for SCSI and SAT hard disk SMART access
- added full support for SuperMicro PWS-865-PQ PSU
- added full support for Winbond W83795G
- added full support for SMSC EMC1402
- added SHORT and EXTENDED OFF-LINE SMART TEST in SMART tab. This feature works on a number of supported interfaces and not on all of them
- added voltage readings for Winbond W83793G
- properly read Tjmax on Core i7 based Xeons
- relabeled IT8512F to IT8512E
- the tray hint is no longer updated if ShowStaticIcon is true
- the tray icon tooltip layout is now vertical
- added Fintek F72569DG detection

Now I know on most modern motherboards you can adjust fan speeds in the Bios but most are just a choice of setting (An example of this is some Asus boards just have a choice of performance, optimal or silent) whereas SpeedFan can be set to exact temperatures to speed up or slow down the fans.

You can also choose which fans speed up or slow down at different temperatures. SpeedFan can also speed up or slow down fans based on hard drive or video card temps which is unlike most Bios fan setting which normally just have choices for ambient temp and CPU.

:source: News Source/Download: Almico.com

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back