Speed !

B

banter

I have athlon xp 1500 (1.339Mhz)
GeForce 2 64mb mx200
SB Live 1024
32x cd writer drive
+ win xp pro

I think that all this means i should be able to play any new release on full graphics and it should run smoothly, but it doesn't !

For example i bought microsoft flight sim pro and when i put it on full graphics (not even full- only 800x600) it is very jurky !

I don't mind how long the game takes to initially load but it gets me angry when it doesn't run smoothly while playing.

I have the latest drivers for all hardware.

Has anyone any ideas to make games run faster?

:mad:

Disregard the driver thing. What Detonators are you using?

Dude, you got the names of your hardware wrong, The 64mb Gefore2 MX is the MX 400 and there is no such thing as a Sound Blaster live 1024. Now as far as games running smooth with the graphics all the way up on a GeForce2 MX series it's not going to happen. The MX series is the value line of Geforce2's, it uses SDR (Single Data Rate) instead of DDR (Double Data Rate) SDRAM. What this means is that the memory on the MX series only run half the speed of the better GeForce2 cards.

What !

Ok now you say the mx has sdr ram well in my other system it has a 32mb creative mx card which HAS DDR RAM not sdr...ddr..not all mx cards use sdr !,

Now go and look up the sound card......because I HAVE IT so dont say it don`t exist,but on the graphics side of it flight sim should play at 800x600 but keep the settings in the middle dont max out.

You can speed up things a little by optimizing your memory settings here is a link giving some advice
http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=21986

maybe somthing here as well http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/geforce/

oh yes details

creative Geforce 2 MX
------------
Clock speed - 175Mhz
Memory speed - 286Mhz
Memory size - 32Mb DDR
Peak fill rate - 350Million Pixels/s
Triangles /s - 20 Million

creative Geforce 2 GTS
------------
Clock speed - 200Mhz
Memory speed - 350Mhz
Memory size - 64Mb DDR
Peak fill rate - 800Million Pixels/s
Triangles /s - 25 Million

WTF?

Originally posted by redhook
Dude, you got the names of your hardware wrong, The 64mb Gefore2 MX is the MX 400 and there is no such thing as a Sound Blaster live 1024. Now as far as games running smooth with the graphics all the way up on a GeForce2 MX series it's not going to happen. The MX series is the value line of Geforce2's, it uses SDR (Single Data Rate) instead of DDR (Double Data Rate) SDRAM. What this means is that the memory on the MX series only run half the speed of the better GeForce2 cards.

Your clever - what do i have in my pc? OOOO Look a Sound Blaster Live 1024 u pecker
course they exsist

lol......i said so

I guess i am not mistaken then thanks for the clarification m8..

this is what it boils down to, dude

geforce mx sux, it sux bad,ur specs show it, it doesnt matter what
mx card you have if you wanna do some good gaming you need to ditch the mx. why arent u using that geforce 2 gts any way, it has 800 million pxl/25million tri.....plus 32 mb more ram than that wimpy card.
creative Geforce 2 MX
------------
Clock speed - 175Mhz
Memory speed - 286Mhz
Memory size - 32Mb DDR
Peak fill rate - 350Million Pixels/s
Triangles /s - 20 Million
this is the main reason
also
Sound Blaster Live 1024, this card has serious issues in xp, more so than the 5.1....
sorry to be so blunt but im tired of hearin people complain bout mx geforce cards. what did ya expect......:mad:
why dont you sell both those cards and get a geforce 3 ti 500, lolo
talk about some smooth gameplay.at any detail level, i have yet to play a game it cant handle , and all the games are maxed on detail rez ect....:eek:
ps. good luck getting drivers to run stable on that mx. u might try
version 21.85 detonator.....

oh ya

i dont recall ever seeing a geforce mx with just plain sdr, they all have ddr. they quit makin sdr boards along time ago, if im not mistaking.....:rolleyes:

damn here i go again,lol

heres another stickler, mx boards dont have vertex and pixel shading either. so in a nutshell, it will never take advantage of
dx 8.1,9.0......only plus i saw on those boards was they had the digital vibrance which is wonderful, exspecialy on a digital flat panel......thats standard for geforce 3 though....:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back