Speed Touch USB

M

M@xSystem

I've succesfully installed my speedtouch usb adsl modem with the appropriate drivers. It properly works but there's always an icon in the system tray named "Safely Remove Hardware", it proposes me to remove my modem. Can I let this icon appear? What does it mean?

When I start my computer I sometimes can't connect my modem and my mouse (it is usb too - Intellimouse explorer).
Can I conclude it's an usb problem?

What do you think about this?

Thanks.
:eek:

Make sure that your modem is plugged directly into the PC USB port (not a hub)

No you can't get rid of the icon in the taskbar, it's because the current drivers for the alcatel modem are not digitaly signed by microsoft.

Also i must point out that your modem uses 500ma, and thats all most usb ports supply so if your mouse is usb then its gonna struggle abit.

Best bet is to buy a small usb hub thats powered by another source, and use that for mouse and other gizmo's.

I just bought A Trust 4 port compact hub with power adapter not too expensive either but i find it great quality and works well no probs atall.

regards........Cupid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back