Speech Recognition

0rr

Can anyone please explain the function of speech recognition for XP? I have not found any applications for this feature...maybe something like log-on/off security? thanks

Does this help?

I hate the idea of using speach recognition for security. One of my friends was locked off his computer cause he his voice did "not" match the voice recorded for about an hour.

What if you get a cold?

There are security programs that can do this, just make sure that they are very good and have a backdoor "Just in case." If its not a good program it will be very tiresome. The more you have to train the program the better.

~Dan

As of right now, speech recognition is a joke. A gimmick to make XP look more valueable. It stills has too much tweaking that the average user will have a hard time getting it going. They've been working on text to speech software for some time now. By the time you wrote an email with it you'll have so many corrections to make that it will take longer than just typing it in the first place. Just forget about until they can get it right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back