Special DVD Editions

Do special edition DVDs matter to you?

• Yes, I enjoy all the extras and crazy packaging!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • No, I just want to watch the movie and eat my popcorn.

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
I have the "Alien Quadrilogy"...lol. I mainly got it, because now I have all four movies and it is cheaper than buying them all separately.

Melon

Yeah, I kind of wanted that set for the same reason... never got it though.

I realized yesterday that I forgot to pick up the new edition of Goodfellas. It was released last week and was probably on sale everywhere, but now it's normal price! :mad:

I can beat the Alien Quadrology...

I have the alien legacy :( - all four movies, normal versions, tho alien has all the deleted scenes anyway so I can predict my own directors cut.

I have Alien legacy and Alien Quadrillogy! yummy

I'm not a big fan myself, but I know many people are.

sttosvoysets.jpg

Release Date: 12/21

Alien3 SE was interesting, well what I have seen so far, 20-30 mins extra :D

Alien3 SE is so much better than theatrical release as to be shocking in the decisions that where made (even more so if you've watched the making of)

What do you mean mate?
And I reckon that the alien coming out of the dog, as in the theatrical, is better than that cow thing

Donnie Dark Director's Cut (23 days, 11 hours 30 minutes and 14 seconds ... hehe)

Director's Cut of the film (2 hours and 13 minutes)
All-new Director's Cut specific audio commentary
'Anatomy Of A Scene' documentary from the Sundance Channel
'Donnie Darko Production Diary' documentary
'The Cultural Impact Of Donnie Darko In The UK' featurette
'Mad World' music video
Director's Cut trailer
Theatrical cut of the film
Audio commentary from writer/director Richard Kelly and star Jake Gyllenhaal
Audio commentary from members of the cast and crew including Richard Kelly, Drew Barrymore, Katherine Ross and Jean Malone
Deleted and extended scenes with optional audio commentary from Richard Kelly
'B-Roll Footage': interviews with principal members of the cast and crew
'The Philosophy Of Time Travel' featurette
Website gallery
Artwork gallery
UK art exhibition
'They Made Me Do It': the making of the art gallery
'Cunning Visions' gallery

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=DV6028

(first line was funny :D)

I've read a few reviews of the Directors Cut. A lot say it gives too much away, that it explains something's in too much detail and that the ambiguity of some of the things is what gives it its charm and appeal.

I would have to agree with this I theory, perhaps everything shouldn't be handed to you on a plate, but should be left to come to ones own conclusions.

Having said that, I read an interview with the Director where he basically said, he gets asked a lot about what this and that means and what the book has to do with it etc. So this was his way of answering these questions. this was his take on what it al means and so on (and points out its not the only way to look at it and certainly not the "correct" way)

I will probably get this eventually (I have the original) just to see what his so called answers are. but the original is still best for new comers

Thanks for posting more info on that one, EP. I had heard the Director's Cut would be in theaters, but never saw it come out. Glad to know the DVD is still on its way though. :)

It's out today :)
Gonna save this one and give my parents a chance for christmas!!

B0002MWELO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

or

B00030821Q.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

everything looks cool excep the statue.. hehe but man is it expensive

On Order is the LOTR: Return Of The King Special Editions to add to my other two :D as well as the Matrix Set which EP just pointed me too :p i now blame my spending on you Punk!! :D

Well - I WOULD enjoy the extra e3ditions, if they were retailing at the same price :eek: - but that will never happen, so basically I tend to go for the movie alone....

Not sure, might change that when "The Incredibles" comes out on DVD - would have to take eachmovie on it's own merits.....

I sold all 5 of my matrix discs at the weekend and am going to get this one.
I am giving my parents hints, I could just make it difficult for em, but I am gonna try and think of a few things. Normally if I see something I want I go and buy it, so makes things quite hard... last year I got a chair.. woo!

I want to get the special Seinfeld dvds. I love seinfeld :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back