Spec for a new system what do you think

M

Mecham

After my PC has decided to die on me completely I have been most of the day hunting around the net for good prices and I think I have got a good price, although there are only a few decent sites that had reasonable prices. I have decided to just put my money into a separate account every month and then wait until the amount accumulates. I'm happy with my Laptop at the moment so I can live with this for the next 5 months and then get everything at once. Also some of the prices would have dropped by then. I always wait until September because between April and September is normally the months were new products are launched, therefore, products which are 7 months old drop in price.

Chassis: CoolerMaster Mystique 632 Silver Aluminum Case w/o PSU (Awesome Case)
M/B: Asus Striker Extreme NF680i SLI, S 775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX (This has to be the best MB I have ever seen)
GFX: Asus 640MB Asus 8800GTS PCI-E (x16), Mem 1600 MHz, GPU 500 MHz, 96 Streams, 2 x Dual Link DVI-I HDTV (DirectX 10 Vista compatible)
PSU: Enermax EGA850EWL Galaxy Modular PSU 850 W EPS12v Triple Quad +24 Rails Silent x2 Fan (All the cables one can muster in one box)
PCU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Socket 775, 2.4 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, Conroe Core, 4MB Cache, Retail (What can I say, :))
RAM: CorsairTwinX 2GB (2x1GB) XMS2 Dominator,DDR2 PC2-6400,240 Pins, NonECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP (I'm pleased with this RAM and the price)

I am looking at £1,106.87 which I think is a decent price for the whole lot. I budgeted myself £1,200.00 anyway so I am pleased I have come under under the £1,200.00. :)

Are you sure you need the Striker mobo? There are others on the market, including the Asus and the MSI boards which are cheaper and do the same job and have fewer problems. :)

Other than that it looks cool.

If you can hold off just a bit, the quad-cores should be dropping in price soon.

:D

I would prefer a PC Power & Cooling PSU. Everything else looks good to me.

Are you sure you need the Striker mobo? There are others on the market, including the Asus and the MSI boards which are cheaper and do the same job and have fewer problems. :)

Other than that it looks cool.

If you can hold off just a bit, the quad-cores should be dropping in price soon.

:D

I'm not buying anything until September anyway so yeah I see your point and, I am not rushing out to buy anything as of yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back