Speaking of older movie ideas: Aliens 5?

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
Noticed this, while browsing earlier. It seems there might be a possibility for another Aliens movie, due I gather to the success of AVP.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2005/07/ridley_scott_considers_alien_5.html

So we've said before that Sigourney Weaver is really keen on another Alien movie but Ridley Scott has been saying quite negative comments about the idea. Well apparently no more. According to Moviehole through Cinematical, the money is talking:

...the Co-Chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment Tom Rothman...revealed that Ridley Scott may be interested in making a fith Alien movie: "Every time I see Ridley Scott he still talks about Alien so there's always a possibility of him doing the next one", he says. "I don't think it's near-turn, I think he has a couple of other movies he wants to do first, but we have a deal with Ridley and it's always possible".

Ohh, now there's a possible turn in attitude, or maybe not. He could still be saying negative things and this is the money men spinning the idea to try and raise interest and show Scott there might be some life in it. Mind you, if they want to resurrect the life in the Alien series then they're going about it the wrong way. The next movie up for that studio is the sequel to AVP: Alien Vs. Predator. Yeah, now after that try saying to Scott once more, "fancy making an Alien 5 then?"

Son Goku said:
Noticed this, while browsing earlier. It seems there might be a possibility for another Aliens movie, due I gather to the success of AVP.

I was just thinking about this yesterday , though I was assuming they had well and truly buried the franchise with the steaming turd that was AVP :)

The last one (resurrection) did kinda end on a unclimatic scene. Woo earth.

I want Sigourney back. There is nothing cooler than a female action star over 40. In fact, I think it would be rad if she keeps on doing 'em till she's in her 60's. Tough old broads rock.

well the next movie would be set on earth

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back