Speaker Setting - Quadraphonic or Surround?

• Thread starter Armed and DWI
  • Start date
A

Armed and DWI

I have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 and a Logitech Z-560 400W 4.1 Surround Stereo system (analog connections).

I am wondering for Windows XP, should I have my speakers set on Quadraphonic/4 Speaker or Surround?

anybody know?

I would say try them all and make your selection to your personal taste. Someone else may have a reason to choose one or the other. I'm sure the'll post why.

If you have 4.1 then you'd probably wanna set it to Quadraphonic, sometimes if you set it to surround and you don't have the center channel you'll miss sound that is being rendered on that channel. Surround usually consists of 5.1

but just try both and see if you can tell a difference, especially in DVD's or such

not to upset the mighty Q, but the software that you are using should allow for sometype of surround setting (5.1) using only 4.1. If it doesn't, there are plenty that do

btw, how do you like the logitech's? I thinking about picking up a set tomorrow

oh I didn't say it wouldn't work, but Yeah but surround on a 4.1 wouldn't sound quite right unless you had one of your speakers right in front of you to render a center channel...or else it wouldn't really be full surround :) but you'll still get all the front and rear noises..

go buy a extra speaker heheh :)

btw dreamliner see my responses to a few of your posts, answered a sec ago

I did a lot of research into what surround speakers to get, and the Z-560s are far and away the best bang-for-your-buck. http://www.2buystore.com has them for $138 FREE SHIPPING. I ordered on Friday, and got them yesterday. You cannout find a better price than that.

Anyway guys, how about I rephrase my question this way: What is the difference between XP's Quadraphonic and Surround speaker setting?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back