Spam Posters

dave holbon

OSNN Veteran Addict
I notice that each time a member post’s a reply that it’s counted a post even though it’s only a few words or even one word; members with lost of replies like “lol”, “LOL” or any two or three word sentence should not count as a post but a comment not therefore being counted.

2565 post in less than six months (or similar) is not really a true count as far as I’m concerned when the vast majority are less than a proper sentence requiring some sort of thought.

I’ll call these individuals “spam” posters whose only intention in life is to up their postings count.

Some of your mediators are prone to this behaviour.

s-laughing.gif

I have seen addons where "spam" posts are not counted, not sure how it would be measured tho... I think I am currently the second most guilty person on the board tho... :D

let people post as they wish. its not a competition to get the highest post count afterall.

As long as they don't JUST spam, I don't mind, we got a cool community here, its more than just a tech support site.

Not drunk anymore, had 2 bottles of wine about 9 hours ago, sobered up tho.

I would never just send in a reply to get my post numbers up...wonder what my count is now :)

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
As long as they don't JUST spam, I don't mind, we got a cool community here, its more than just a tech support site.
Agreed. That's what gives this site character. Sometimes new members are a little timid to post answers to tech problems if they are unsure. The "fun" threads allow them to post something while they get to know a few other members. In the process, they are learning as they go which gives them the confidence to help in the technical sections.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back