spam got thru outpost firewall via messenger service

V

vadislav

i have the free version.

did i configure it wrong?

is zone alarm firewall free better?

thank's

It's unrelated to your firewall. It's a "feature" of Windows for those on a corporate (usually) network.

Here's the fix:
Start -> Run...
Type: compmgmt.msc (enter)
Expand: Services and Applications
Select Services
On the right side, Find "Messenger", and double click it.
Set Startup type to "Disabled"
Click the "Stop" button
Click OK
Done

Note: As it says in the info text, this is not related to Windows Messenger, so it will not break it if you do this.

-JG

Im starting to see more of this, OutPost exposes 135 if its not configered properly. You need to configure a rule to block access to 135 for all but your LAN. A few posts down you will find i posted some info on how to close 135, as i said in that post you can if your on a LAN.

2 of the link's say not to disable messenger service. it open's your PC to other vulnerability's. it say's other thing's depend on messenger. it say's you'll want to use messenger later. it say's the solution is to get zone alarm firewall free.

doe's anyone know how to configure 'outpost firewall free' like 'zone alarm free', so i can stop messenger spam and turn on messenger again?

thank's

If you are getting spammed this way... this is pretty much the only option, disabling Messenger.

Heeter

I've had my messenger service turned off for months. MS can keep their back door ads. :mad: Oh & nothing has gone astray on my system either. If ever you need it again all you have to do is turn the stupid thing on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back