• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SP2 Issues Sygate and Panda

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
I have now updated to Sp2 on two machines. The windows security feature does see my Panda Antivirus, but it does not show it as active. the ICF has to be disabled as I run the Sygate Firewall. Anybody else having problems with their antivirus or Firewall on an Sp2 rig?

falconguard said:
I have now updated to Sp2 on two machines. The windows security feature does see my Panda Antivirus, but it does not show it as active. the ICF has to be disabled as I run the Sygate Firewall. Anybody else having problems with their antivirus or Firewall on an Sp2 rig?
We'll I'm running SP2 and Avash Home edition without any conflicts. I'm also running Sygate Pro without any configuration issues. " Sygate will work fine with SP2. the new security center does not recognize Sygates firewall yet but that

http://forums.sygate.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8

"there is nothing you can do. SP2 does not recognize Sygates firewall at the moment.. hopefully a new build will be out soon that SP2 will recognize."

As far as Panda Antivirus check this thread and see if it helps you out any!
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11017483~mode=flat

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
I dont have any probems as of yet for either Sygate or Panda, they are both ruinning and up to date. Had to turn on off the notification alert in the security setting, but thanks for the links. :)

L

Lee

Security features recognise that I have NIS and NAV, symantec offered a patch to correct this a week and a bit ago.

Maybe you need to contact the software vendors you mentioned or trawl their sites looking.

Howling Wolf said:
Sygate Pro (5.5.2710) works fine here with SP2, I disabled the Windows Security Center :)
Running Sygate Pro (5.5 2577) with 17 Advanced Rules set up from last install from methlabs. Very slow opening some pages especially here at OSNN, but when I have Sygate Pro turned off and just running SP2 firewall the pages open up very quick. I could set up the IP's to be blocked from the driver using Protowall, but its a pain. Any ideas on this one.

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
napalmnthemorning said:
Running Sygate Pro (5.5 2577) with 17 Advanced Rules set up from last install from methlabs. Very slow opening some pages especially here at OSNN, but when I have Sygate Pro turned off and just running SP2 firewall the pages open up very quick. I could set up the IP's to be blocked from the driver using Protowall, but its a pain. Any ideas on this one.
Osnn is fast like it has always been for me with Sygate...
You could update to 5.5.2637 as 5.5.2710 is not yet available (unless you register and ask for it in the forums).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown