sp2 internet problem

budman643

OSNN One Post Wonder
When I try to upgrade to sp2 on one of my computers the internet stops working. The comp can still see the network and everything but no internet. Anyone have any ideas??

Just to check the typical stuff first:
Do you have a good IP address, subnet, gateway?
Can you ping outside of your network?

are you using VPN? I doubt it from your description (what there is of it) but if you are then there are some known issues there - Can I ask one thing that muzikool did not though - how are you upgrading? With a CD? Using the Update feature online? If the latter maybe it is sucking up all your bandwidth - it will need to run a good long time and I hope you have a fat enough pipe for the size of SP2! Just a thought, but probably obvious and this is just going by your post - which does not make it obvious if you have SP2 applied - I guess you do though?

You said on "one of my computers"... So I assume you have a home network? If so, how are you sharing your internet?

Are you using a router? If so, which one?
Are you using wireless?
Are you using VPN?
What kind of Internet Service Provider do you have?
Did you try to disable the firewall of Windows XP SP2?

We need more details here...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back