SP2 Information & Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed SP2 as well and Windows XP now runs like a charm: more security features (although I disabled Windows Firewall, as I already have another one :p), programs load faster (big difference there) and I haven't had any compatibility issues so far.

From what I've read on the internet, there'd certainly be compatibility issues because of the security features installed by SP2. I guess it highly depends on what programs are installed on everyone's computer. Luckily for me, everything's running fine. :D

Well I still aint installing it till it's officially released by M$ from a M$ site.

I have come across a lot off feedback about repacking of files with some treats for installers.

It is said this version is more like an upgrade to a new ops, so I want to be careful.

I don't know about program loading faster - but having said that I have only ever used the beta releases - could well have contained debug code?

I am pleased to inform you that Windows XP Service Pack 2 released to manufacturing on Friday August 6, 2004. Windows XP Service Pack 2 contains major security improvements designed to provide better protection against hackers, viruses, and worms. Windows XP Service Pack 2 also improves the manageability of the security features in Windows XP and provides more and better information to help users make decisions that may potentially affect their security and privacy.

On Monday, August 9, 2004, the full network installation package for Windows XP Server Pack 2 will be posted on the Windows XP Service Pack 2 site on Microsoft TechNet (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/winxpsp2). This site is also the best resource for accessing the most up-to-date technical information regarding Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Source

Suprised you didn't do your usual '--'.

Do you see what I wrote posted before I posted it?

Go find it, then I will remove this thread!

Easy peeps!!

On Monday, August 9, 2004, the full network installation package for Windows XP Server Pack 2 will be posted on the Windows XP Service Pack 2 site on Microsoft TechNet (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/winxpsp2). This site is also the best resource for accessing the most up-to-date technical information regarding Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I think that bit is new.
Downloaded it from an internet cafe, but it was corrupted. Trying to see if it was the download -- or the horrible machine I was using..!!!

Well I hear stuff like 3 days or and hour or read it a long time before someone takes the time to submit or post it here.

I don't start coming out with smart ass comments like 'that's old news' as it might offend and depreciate the users time and efforts.

I even before was allowed to post on frontpage posted things in other sections where I was allowed to, then low-n-behold, either the next day or less than an hour later a news poster or a red, blue or green bean then posted it as their post.

I don't care, glad they bothered and had the privillages to undertake the task.

Well _KC_ keep writing those comments after everyone elses posts, will cause people to either ignore you (which i am about to do) or they won't even bother and go join another tech site. You will be the loser, _KC_!

BonyTony: Be careful. One of those download links on the Microsoft servers is still an RC build. I'm just not sure which one it is.

How do i check as to what version it is ?...prior to installing :confused:

themafia_69 said:
welcome back bonytony, where have u been?

I pop in every day ...i just dont post often always something to do...like new pda to play with...web page to do....sell things on ebay...and a wife to keep happy :( , but nice to see i`ve been missed :D

true true it was u and sazar and kermit that kept us up to date with gfx drivers, who would forget u ;)

anyone messed around with the firewall settings yet?

should you open up ports in it or just put the program in the exclude set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back