SP2 Information & Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee

SAN DIEGO -- A second release candidate for Microsoft's Windows XP Service Pack 2 (XP SP2) could make its debut here as early as Wednesday if developers could work out a nasty bug that affects gaming on 64-bit hardware.

This I suppose is why it maybe taking a bit too long to release a proper first release.

Read more: (thanks winbeta)

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3358811

just wondering if ms is planning to release windows for amd64 with sp2 or after?

I'm not too concerned. Let them take their time. SP1 with antivirus software, a firewall, and the latest patches works perfectly fine for the moment.

its been like 3-4 hours... any news on XP SP2 ?? :D

Download Win XP SP2 Build 2138 - Full

Download Win XP SP2 Build 2138 - Full version from windows update while its hot and available!! Win XP SP2 Build 2138 (express installer) is available for download at windows update (When you use SP1 and Windows Update V5).

TRA (a member) from Neowin found the network installation file link which could be used to download the full sized (270MB) Service Pack 2 Build 2138 for Windows XP.

Download it while you can !!

Download Win XP SP2 Build 2138 - Full

Note: Dont use it on a corp version of Windows XP, it will screw up your machine trust me!Source: TCMAGAZINE.NET

We don't need a new thread on SP2 every day. Merged all recent ones into one thread. If there are any more updates or news please post it in here. Thank you

don't take things so literally :rolleyes:

There was one today, one yesterday, one a few days before that, one a few days before that etc etc.

Not only does it look neater, it also makes it easier for people searching for news and information about SP2 to have one main thread

Good call, Khay.
smile.gif

So, any news on SP2 today. I feel like crashing my machine and having to reformat.

Lee: I use a corporate version of WindowsXP, so far all service packs have installed fine.

I hear WindowsXP64 will ship at the same time as service pack 2, would certainly be nice.

Thinking about buying a 64 bit puter then, just desktop, keep all my other stuff.

I will be looking forward to that day.

This PC is going to my lickle girl.

since I got my 3400+, they have gone up by £100
hhe

NetRyder said:
I'm not too concerned. Let them take their time. SP1 with antivirus software, a firewall, and the latest patches works perfectly fine for the moment.

TRUE TRUE

Electronic Punk said:
Lee: I use a corporate version of WindowsXP, so far all service packs have installed fine.

My test PC also has a corporate version of WindowsXP loads just fine ;)

Well from what I've read I think its a matter of what your PID is for some of the nwer versions of XPSP2 to install on

i think i will just sick to my linux. no problems there at all. LOL no service packs of hunderds of MB but only a new kernel 2.6.6 YEAY and already 64bit compatable since 1989

SP2 Express Installer Build 214

Microsoft released the Windows XP service pack 2 build 2142 to beta testers, we have a express installer available for all of you. Enough mirrors!

Anyway this service pack allows users who have Service Pack 2 installed to update, but you need build 2096,2138-2142. Other builds are not supported. Thats what the ini says!

This build has some issues already which should be looked at before you start downloading/installing:

- DivX files cant be played with this SP2.
- Explorer hangs up when you browse maps with DivX files
- Even sites with DivX files/codecs have conflicts in IE.
- WinDVD seems to have some problems
- Microsoft Commerce server has issues

Download:
Mirror1 Mirror2

Source: TC MAGAZINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back