SP2 Information & Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in summary , DivX on the last update is a tinsy winsy bit broken :D

i tried installing SP2, but whenever it tried to start installing, it always said "atapi.sys is being used by another program. please close all other programs and click retry". even said that in Safe Mode with nothing else running. anyone know what i could do to stop atapi.sys from being used or turn it off after windows boots?

What I did was to run msconfig and unchecked all my start up programmes, I found it installed OK then. I then put them all back after, also problems if you have StyleXP they gave an update for SP2 RC1 but not for RC2 yet.

ok sp2 RC2 from winup V5, THEMES???? how the hell do they work i like my modified x-box theme, and now i cant use it, it just does not work and i already repatched the dll. any ideas anyone or are they all using something a little more fancy

I am sure there will be a workaround within the next 24 hours if there isn't one already.
Downloaded the RC2 last night, but haven't had the chance to install it yet, will check it out when I get home.

Everyone sooooo hungry to install a bug hunt. And then when it shiits all over their box they come and post their complaints.

I'll just wait till it is official, then I'll wait another month. :p

Then I'll turn on the kitchen lights and see all the bugs scurrying for cover inside some DLL or broke ass INI or DRV file. :p

Then I'll become engrossed in the coded text prancing around on my blue screen. And the over abundance of updates. :eek:

well I may as well install it, as I plan on a slipstreamed install when it goes final.

:eek: The brave hero rides headlong into the dragon's den. What will become of him?

Tune in next week when our hero says" "enter, cancel...? Hmmmmmmm" in our next episode entitled, "Slipstreamin the Gatesway" or "SP2 Bar B Que". :D

ep

a new title is in order I think

sp2 information and support

I think a sticky for a while as well

PERRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!
dry.gif

Oh hell... *walks away scratchin head*
closedeyes.gif

Anyone noticed that the bootscreen is different?
Mine no longer says WindowsXP Professional
and the year (2001?) has now been removed!!

The latest version of StyleXP now supports build 2149, so I thought I'd give it a try. Got nothing to lose, and I'm finishing up my unattended DVD install this week. I'm pleasantly suprised, too. It's stable as a rock, and the security is excellent. Even computer newbies could figure out how to use the firewall.

Electronic Punk said:
Anyone noticed that the bootscreen is different?
Mine no longer says WindowsXP Professional
and the year (2001?) has now been removed!!

That's weird! I hope they add the Home/Professional thing back.

May as well keep the dates off tho, or update it from 2001... looks refreshingly different tho :)

on some other forum i read that with *apparently* with Service Pack 2 Home and Professional are going to combine so there is just one XP (citing the new boot screen as evidence). Is this guy stoned (as i suspect) or is it true, as ive never heard anything about this and it would be pretty stupid.

SP2 DISABLED Windows Update

I have been using the corporate version of winxp for a while and would like to know is there anyway around winxp sp2's windows update disabling of corporate versions of xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back