SP2 error message - 327101/SP2

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
When I went to install SP2 (it was probably a message from the Gods) I get thisError message:

Windows has detected that one or more protected core system files (kernel) on your computer have been modified

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if your computer has a modified version of the Ntoskrnl.exe file that uses the /KERNEL switch in the Boot.ini file. This condition may exist because your computer has a third-party program installed that customizes the graphics that are displayed when your computer starts up. Third-party programs that can cause this condition include the following:

* BootXP
* LogonUI Boot Randomizer

Solution: More details here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327101 Basicly reinstall SP1 it looks like

:(

Are you pionting out the problem with modified files or needing some way of fixing it, without formatting that is? :eek:

Have you modifed your bootup screen? if so change it back to default and try again

i had this problem.... if you are using styleXP uninstall it and try SP2 again, it worked for me.
Uninstall any program like it too, windowblind, boot changers, login chagers etc

Thanks you guys. I'll give your suggestions a try. Sorry I'm late getting back to my post. Been messing around with Firefox 0.9.3. driving me crazy with all those extensions. Yes I did uninstall SyleXP and tried installing SP2 again without any luck. I'll try again. Hey guys you are my guru experts I go to and I thought I'd share with you windows knowledge base
over and Windows Help and Support if you haven't seen it already. Is this anything that would say we should hold off on this or not? I'm not so sure I want to install yet anyway.

thekore said:
i had this problem.... if you are using styleXP uninstall it and try SP2 again, it worked for me.
Uninstall any program like it too, windowblind, boot changers, login chagers etc

Style XP does not need to be uninstalled.....overwrite with version 2.13 for SP2, after update.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back