SP2 and install problem Remote Procedure Call Serv

buzlink

OSNN Junior Addict
I'm having a problem with my SP2 upgrade.

Each time I boot my system it takes for ever to boot up.
Once at the login screen it takes along time to login.

Once that happens my wallpaper just sits there. Explorer never loads.
Then I get an error saying that Remote Procedure Call service was terminated system must reboot.
Task manager is the only program that I can use. Can I rerun SP2 setup? Where is it stored?
Is there a link to a full download of SP2?

Thanks

It keeps doing this.
How can I fix this.
Booting into Save Mode has no effect either.
Is there a solution?

Formatting is not an option, as I have some valuable data on the drive.

Thanks

I haven't had any prblems with this before SP2
Why would it pop up after upgraded to SP2

Also a recent virus scan had been done and no viruses dected.

I've never seen anything of that sort in the process list either.

MSBlast contains a denial-of-service (DoS) attack aimed at Microsoft's windowsupdate.com. MSBlast updates the system Registry with the following line containing "msblast" usually in this registry location looking something like the following:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\windows auto update" containing "msblast.exe".

Do a search on your hard drive for " msblast.exe " If you have this >
1. Delete msblast.exe (usually found at c:\windows\system32\msblast.exe).
2. Delete the Windows Registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\windows auto update" containing "msblast.exe". This is what causes the virus to start on reboot. To edit the Registry, go to Start->Run and put in "regedit".

Remember buzlink to always backup your registry files in case of problems. You can also do a google search " Remote Procedure Call service was terminated system must reboot" and you will get pages of replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back