Sp1

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
Anyone having any problems with locked computers? (i am not, just asking)

locked ?

LOL

nawww have yet to hear of anything new just a few of the peeps with the all so talked about known by every single person in the world keys that we all knew were gonna be blocked but other than that I have not heard anything , maybe in a few days if what was said about windows updates is true that they are gonna start cross matching their keys ( m$ ) and maybe then we will hear about peeps being blocked out of windows updates.

It won't get locked. Using certain keys will prevent SP1 from being installed.

Here's a dumb question for ya, any differences (at all) documented between 1106 leak, and today's "official" release?

I started downloading yesterday.......still going....85%. It is 137mb. On the front page it says 133mb. Is that because of extra files used for downloading? Is mine OK to use or should I start again?

dont sound right

spose to be 133 mb cant see why it is at 85% and 137mb dont seem right unless something changed that I dont know about I got mine from M$ its 133mb

Well I would let finish and see if its right. Also could have something to do with ur country as the 133MB file is the English/US one and there might be something different for ur version of it the the US/English

This is all new to me. Never downloaded a service pack before.

85% = about 119mb. The file total is 137mb.

When it is finished downloading I'll start the one from the front page & see how big it comes up in the download manager.
Thanx.

its a pain

For all those on dialup this must be a major pain in the @ss figures M$ and their patches I think its wrong that they can put this out on the market atthe price they sell it, with all the holes and errors it has..... its just not right , and looking around seems the sp is causeing all kinds of new errors as people try to install it new crap starts oh well we should all be used to it by now after all this is same as it was when we were all using win95 nothing changes and nothing will

Just finished downloading. HURRAY file size = 133mb. Now the fun begins. :D

My advice if it's not broke don't fix it. I downloaded Sp1 express and i lost many visual settings. I could not retain them, so i did a system restore. I just used the Explorer 6 updates for now.

First I slipstreamed xp & sp1 to a cd. Little bit of hassle there. The guide I used didn't work too well at the start. Anyway that's done.

Then I updated tp sp1. It was a breeze. Took about 15 minutes. The only thing I have noticed so far is that bootup takes a bit longer. Hopefully it will settle down again. :D :D :D

i cant install the SP1 at all i only get as far as the screen that asked if i would like to install or back up so i can uninstall it later
i have redownloaded the SP1 and even tryed using the express update , i have a valid OEM XP PRo but iam unable to call any tech support as i have obtained my copy of xp because i told the company i was a system builder. can any one help me get SP1 installed onto my system please .

Have a look around the forum. We've been discussing this quite a bit in other threads.

yep i have done that now and the SP1 is now installing , thanks guys,

It will be so funny, if Hipster Doofus downloads it full, and finds out that he's key is not compatible !!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back