Sp1

how do u download it full cause when i went on to teh site it scanned and found that i need sp1 and the I.E 1 now it's downloading the express 1 but where can i get the full 1

chandman there is a link to it on the front page.

ZAnwar....check out the microsoft site. If someone with an illegal key tries to load sp1 they are given a link to purchase a valid key.

My install of sp1 is zooming along. :D

just got mine off the site 40 mine's to download, now it's bking up the file's reg and that and restore point

it's better if u get it off the site cause if u have the latesest updates it's small cause the 133mb has old updates on aswel i think

From Microsoft>

Blocked product key prevents XPSP1 for installing – Q326904
Windows XP SP1 setup will check for a valid product key.
Issue: If a product keys is identified as invalid the customer will receive the following error message.
Resolution: Purchase valid retail product or purchase a new product key online. XPSP1 will incorporate a new feature which adds a URL link to the activation Window. This URL will allow the customer to purchase a new product key online.

alot of people are having problems... TechTV was having 1 out of 2 computers locked.

it's probley the same 1 has the 133mb 1 but it downloads and installs it's self insted on running the the 1 u download

my experience

i downloaded the "preview" version which windows commander reported as being 140,440,152 bytes.

in the final release, you can scan your existing installation and only update (problem fixes) or also add new features.

just installed mine I.E is faster than my old 1 :D but i lost a gig on my h/d for some reason lol

what's the difference between the express option and the full SP1 update? Does it matter?

well the express is a little exe file u download off windows update then run it and it downloads everything else. Full is the whole thing in one download in this case bout 133 MB

133mb

Take that if you want to make a slipstreamed cd so your xp will install as sp1 if you format and do a clean install sometime, also even if you dont slipstream it you could save that 133mb to a cd and not have to download it all over again at a future date, but the sp1 is the same in the end , I just slipstreamed mine to a cd now I can format and do a nice new clean full install with sp1 right off the bat

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back