sp1

J

john30uk

How do i change my serial number to give sp1 a go.
my software is legit and built into my p.c from purchase but some prob with sp1 installing due to serial so i have got some other generated number to try but dont know how or where in system i change it.
If all else fail i need to save over 30gig of my personal files to wipe copmuter with recovery cd

If you are certain that your software is legit, I would seriously consider contacting Microsoft:

a) Your computer builder is using an illegal corporate key...
b) Your corporate key needs to be changed, if it is legit.

The service pack only blocks that one key which is from an illegal version of Windows released August 24th 2001.

Who was the Manufacturer?

Here's a simple 3 step guide to changing a cd key. The only copy of XP that i'm aware of that doesn't require activation is the corporate edition. If you have a straight up copy of XP Professional then you'll need to make sure you have a legitimate key to reactivate with.

Oh, forgot to mention. Another way to use a new cd key without having to do a full format, etc is to start a new installation and choose the 'upgrade.' I think this is only available to corporate edition users because standard retail versions are hamstrung in the upgrade option during a new installation. Either insert the cd and let it autostart, or run winnt32.exe in the i386 folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back