Sp1 Xp

J

john30uk

I see rumers on web that 28 this month may be release for SP1 XP.
What i'd like to know is like the leaked beta,s will you download at own leasure from a microsoft site or will it be among update on microsoft update site i use frequently.
Also i now its meant to come with WMP 9 and DIRECT X 9 but will i benifit from DX9 as i have g-force 4 ti4600 not meant to support DX9 and what else will be new improved.

The file that will show up on windowsupdate when the SP gets to final build status will be about a 500KB exe file that will then download what u need for your system

Thanls to two of,i also asked what else it will have that i havent incuded above,will it just be all critical update in one package with DX9 and WMP9 throwen in or more improvements.
I am running latest 1097 beta and cant find much different although new bete wmp is brill compared to earlier betas and can go on net now and has spdif interface for dvd.
I read CATCH said it will be available in two choices as ( 1)on update page or (2)an individualo download from microsoft product page,i would like 2nd option as the beta was 129mb and i dont want to download this evertime i reformat,even with 1024k modem(meg).
I would like to download file to desktop like beta then burn to cd for future formats and might have a go at what one user did on here and burned a new xp cd with sp1 already on it.

It will also have all of the updates that came out before it did. And as catch said u will benefit from DX9 even if ur card doesn't support it, and WMP9 is part of it bur otherwise I'm not totally sure what will be fix otherwise

Bet they make a mess on WMP9, just when it's starting to get good they'll go all Real Networks on it..

You are better off downloading the whole Sp1 not the small web install file.

And Yes Media Player 9 is the best ever (I realy like Taskbar Mode)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back