SP1 thru auto update

J

jak deth

Got a pleasant surprise, started the SP1 update thru auto updater and it took an inventory of my machine. As I have stayed current with all updates it cut it down to a 47 meg download. Still a lot for a dial-up connection, close to 2 1/2 hrs but beats 133 megs which is 7+ hrs on a 56.

Yep, good for you, but it'd be better to download the whole package if you have to reinstall XP fresh and reapply sp1, don't you think so ?

i agree with Ant -|- One... its better to download the full package

if i'd used exprees update it was bout 4mb,still a fait while on 56k. i installed the full update.

Originally posted by Ant -|- One
Yep, good for you, but it'd be better to download the whole package if you have to reinstall XP fresh and reapply sp1, don't you think so ?

For sure, which is why I am having my son who is an Asst. VP for IT Administartion for a large brokerage house in NY burn me a copy and send it. I can't use co. resources where I work to make personal discs. I live in a black hole of the net where I cannot get DSL or Cable, approx. 20% of the households are in this 'bermuda triangle" ergo, no hi-speed dwnldg for me.

I also need the full SP1 to make a slipstreamed bootable XP disc w/ SP1
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back