• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SP1 thru auto update

J

jak deth

Got a pleasant surprise, started the SP1 update thru auto updater and it took an inventory of my machine. As I have stayed current with all updates it cut it down to a 47 meg download. Still a lot for a dial-up connection, close to 2 1/2 hrs but beats 133 megs which is 7+ hrs on a 56.

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
Yep, good for you, but it'd be better to download the whole package if you have to reinstall XP fresh and reapply sp1, don't you think so ?

J

jak deth

Originally posted by Ant -|- One
Yep, good for you, but it'd be better to download the whole package if you have to reinstall XP fresh and reapply sp1, don't you think so ?
For sure, which is why I am having my son who is an Asst. VP for IT Administartion for a large brokerage house in NY burn me a copy and send it. I can't use co. resources where I work to make personal discs. I live in a black hole of the net where I cannot get DSL or Cable, approx. 20% of the households are in this 'bermuda triangle" ergo, no hi-speed dwnldg for me.

I also need the full SP1 to make a slipstreamed bootable XP disc w/ SP1
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown