SP1 slows down computer

S

Scooby Doo

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the SP1 pack slows down the computer. After installing SP1 on my WIndows XP Pro system when I come to open programs, ie Outlook, it takes longer to open them. There are 1 or 2 other bugs in there as well, especially with Kazaa.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Can't say that I've noticed. My system is running better after the installation of SP1.

sp 1

mmm with me it runs ok m8y, also kazaa lite 2.2.02, and everything runs just nice on me old pentium III 450 mhz.

=[ wadada ]=

( oh and dont use kazaa man, loadsa spyware in it : ( , better to use kazaa lite, without spyware : ) )

SP1 help my comp. with XP Pro. Yea i would defrag and run a virus scan... I would get Norton System Works 2003 its a great prog. its make my comp 200% faster and made my internet faster and it has a great cleaning programn that clears your bad registry entries and cluster on your HD.

I defraggged the hard drive a couple of days ago, after I installed SP1. It is very bizarre. I've found that if I open a program up from the short cuts on the desktop it takes a lot longer than it used to before I installed SP1, but if I click on Start > Programs then the program I want to open it opens really quick just like it used to.

It's only happening with Outlook and Flash FXP and only when I use the short cuts on the desktop

Very odd :(

hmm... i installed SP1. not THAT much of a speed improvement on my PC, but oh well. by the way, Scooby Doo, what file system is Windows XP installed on in your PC? is it FAT32, NTFS?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back