For those interested in staying away from the bloatness of StyleXP (different strokes for different folks) here is what I did.
Initially installed the old patcher which I got months ago and applied the my themes. After I installed my SP1 via web update, neither patcher would work. I had to go back and rename my uxtheme.bak back to uxtheme.dll as well as the one in Dllcache directory (though I suspect this may not be necessary). After doing that, patch it with the new patcher and reboot. Everything should be fixed.
Important thing here is to revert everything back to it's original state, then start over with the the updated patcher.
Keep in mind that before SP1, Xp kept a DLL cache folder that it could replace what the OS would consider defective DLL's. It is a fail safe built into Windows XP. After SP1 however it adds a third directory in WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 as well. It can pull "healthy" dll files from either of these. If you find that after a week or two that the patched theme dll no longer works, you will need to copy the patched dll file into BOTH the dll cache folder [\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache] and the i386 folder listed above. That way if it even replaces the patched theme dll in the system32 folder, it will replace it with an identicle patched dll.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS