SP1 Question.....

C

cybertlc1

I'm running XP Pro Corp, and have been reading up on the new details and whatnot. I originally installed the XP Pro edition final before it was released on my new Dell Computer (which had WinMe installed with a voucher for XP Pro when it was released).......anyway........with SP1 deactivating the Corp key I most likely have....my question is this.

Since I do actually HAVE a legal copy and serial, is there a way to change my CD key to the legal one I have so I don't get locked out of updates? Will I have to totally reinstall the OS, or is there an easier way to change my CD key through the registry or somethin'? Thanks!!!!!

You sure it deactivates the CD Key and not the serial number?

If it is the serial number you can use Tweak-XP (www.tweak-xp.com) to change the serial number. This program is not freeware but it well worth the investment.

Change Product Key without Reinstall:

1. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents,
on the right double click on "oobetimer" and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.

2. Choose run from start menu and type in this command:
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a to get the activation screen and go to the second option which is
activate by phone.

3. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key
4. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 2 for the second time to verify your
activation.

Then you will have 30 days to activate.

Originally posted by JBond007NBC
Change Product Key without Reinstall:

1. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents,
on the right double click on "oobetimer" and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.

2. Choose run from start menu and type in this command:
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a to get the activation screen and go to the second option which is
activate by phone.

3. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key
4. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 2 for the second time to verify your
activation.

Then you will have 30 days to activate.

This doesn't work with XP Corp because there is no activation.

The only way to change your Windows XP Serial is to repair Windows. To do that, simply insert your Windows XP CD and reboot the computer. When it asks to boot from CD, choose yes. When it asks to Install Windows XP, choose the option to install. It will then ask you to press F8. Press it. It will then check for Windows XP. Once it finds it, it's going to ask you if you wish to Repair (R) or clean install (Esc). Press R to repair. It will then reinstall Windows XP. All your files and programs will still be there and still work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back