• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sp1 - and coporate key

O

oO ShifterZ Oo

i wanted to know if this is true, if u have a cororate key for xp pro and when u install sp1, ur xp wont work anymore. IS THIS true if not, wat happens. AND is sp1 worth the dL

S

Sage

Additional Info

If you have XP and have run a program to unregister the licdll.dll you must re-register licdll.dll before you install SP1. If you don't you will get an error and SP1 installation will stop.

N

nartac

Thanks Catch23, I just found that out. I was able to install the 1006 update to my current WinXP without any prob but when I slipstreamed it and made an unattended install, it won't work despite my key is a legit key. Hope someone finds a solution for this. It really sucks b/c i'm so used to the unattended install.

BTW, my winxp is a corp winxp pro and not the home version

T

Tbird94sc

i slipstreamed xp sp1 into my *cough cough* copy of xp pro and had no problem installing it attended or unattended, on a cd or off my spare hd. it accepted my *cough cough* key and never returnedany error message

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
Ditto

Originally posted by Tbird94sc
i slipstreamed xp sp1 into my *cough cough* copy of xp pro and had no problem installing it attended or unattended, on a cd or off my spare hd. it accepted my *cough cough* key and never returnedany error message
Dont know what they are going on about I slipstreamed it and its fine works like a charm, bootable and all.

T

TalkAboutIslam

Re: Additional Info

Posted by Sage
If you have XP and have run a program to unregister the licdll.dll you must re-register licdll.dll before you install SP1. If you don't you will get an error and SP1 installation will stop.
excuse me, am a newbie here, but what softwares unregister the licdll.dll and why should i do that in any way ???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies