SP 2 and bit torrents

Smoke286

Smokeater
Hi I was on a site last week said there was some sort of problem that could occur when downloading bit torrents with SP2 installed. It gave a link to the a patch that would solve the problem. Unfortunatly I lost the link. Anyone know of which I speak?

I've had no adverse effects from using SP2 and Bittorrent.

I did notice that generally speaking my system seemed more strained after installing SP2 as far as resources when running programs like bittorrent and eDonkey2000. I actually had my system lock up one day and had to flip the switch. Since tweaking tcpip.sys I've noticed my system seems more like it used to be and it hasn't even come close to locking up again like it did. I was running both eDonkey2000 and bittorrent at the time and never had a problem before or since.

Other than that one little problem SP2 is running perfectly on my XP Pro box.

Note: I never noticed any download speed differences before or after tweaking tcpip.sys. It was just about system stability and resources.

rotjong

NetRyder said:
Please read this thread before using any unofficial patches.

I need to ask why the above referenced thread is not accessible, or at least from my perspective.

Surely I can’t be the only person to notice that access to “ALL” internet sites is becoming more and more restricted by ISP’s and backbone suppliers and others.

This is in direct conflict with the freedom expressly supplied/implied by the Internet to all and not “managed” by others on the grounds of either security, parental control imposed centrally, and political views imposed by various and sundry government agency’s on the internet backbone Corporate’s who now seem to be an agency of whatever local party is in power. This is communism in another guise. Stalin is dead, or is he?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Careful dave holbon, in the US you would be labeled as a terrorist or someone that hates his country just because you don't wanna lose your rights so that you can be free. [doesn't make sense does it?]

dave holbon said:
I need to ask why the above referenced thread is not accessible, or at least from my perspective.
What do you mean?

Xie said:
Careful dave holbon, in the US you would be labeled as a terrorist or someone that hates his country just because you don't wanna lose your rights so that you can be free. [doesn't make sense does it?]

==================================================

One of many thing’s I’ve never understood is the propensity for so called “free” and “democratic” societies to try and impose their particular beliefs on the rest of humanity, even in some cases by force. Of course this is a trick subject; it defines what’s right and wrong from a personal and fundament point of view which can vary depending on both your experience, political view and most importantly “what you believe”. All of these are ever changing variables in the modern world.

The means of finding out what people think which was only available via the Internet is now ending. All the media are against it, all the powerful corporations are against it and now the entire government agencies in the western hemisphere are against it. Some would say that this is the inevitable result of freedom, it scares the crap out of everyone with any sort of vested interest in the perpetration of their ideals or way of life, and for corporate’s means that they can keep their prices high and not enter into any “unfair” practices like “free” music/software downloading or whatever.

Is it not strange that the modern “luddites”, see link below, has been stood on its head, It’s not the ordinary working man that’s frightened of these new machines but the very same people who introduced it in the first place but now realise that they can’t control it? This current attack on the use of the internet and who can see what, or who can access whatever is a political agenda and will be imposed on you soon, so don’t gripe about it, either accept it or live with it because you (the average Joe) don’t have any say in it, and never had, in spite of what you might believe.

:) :) :)

Xie said:

One thing I’ve never been is careful, don't see then point. You say what you believe not what others expect to hear, that's a democracy. If you follow others then you will be called a “sheep”, it does not make you a terrorist that is unless you define this as being someone who does not agree with your point of view. This is of course not democracy its communism where the view of the proletariats prevails. Are we all slipping in this direction? Has it come to people being frightened to speak there own views on the off chance that it may not coincide with the beliefs of the many in whatever group you reside? and thence you being considered to be an outsider? Is this where it all will end?

:) :)

In case you did not detect it, my post was w/ heavy sarcasism of the Bush administration.

NetRyder said:
What do you mean?

This thread has “disappeared” from OSNM system, I can’t either access it, view it and no record of it ever being posted can I locate on you server. Why?

:( :(

Please note that the link I placed to “luddites” has been removed as hijacked by someone.

dave holbon said:
Please note that the link I placed to “luddites” has been removed as hijacked by someone.
well ... you can use "edit" so you don't have to do multiple post in a row. Also you were the last to edit your post so if its gone it was by you it looks like. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back