Sp 1073

T

Tbird94sc

ne1 install it? i did and it still says 1068. also disabled my aaccess to the internet so i am in middle of format here and on laptop. ne1 else have probs with it? 1068 was much better

did a clean install and tried it again and it worked fine. huge, huge HUGE speed increase

Yo, Tbird94sc, do you think you could send me a link to download sp1073? Much appreciation if you will.

ill post it in a few minutes. i formatted so i lost my history. i gotta find it again

I noticed that this version has greatly improved memory management. Now, my files open much more efficiently. The only thing I don't care for is the little thing on the lower left hand corner that says Windows XP Professional, For testing purposes only.

yes same here

great sp1 dont like the crap on my desktop bla bla testing only but yes seems it is alot faster went in easy enough ,no problems to report except style xp wont work anyone got the adjusted uxtheme.dll that they could post please wonder if we change the dll from a machine that has the hacked version we can have style xp themes back.......the dll changer does not work either need a copy of someone's dll

Wait!!! I did find one problem. In IE6, right clicking sometimes makes the mouse disappear. Other than that, there is nothing else wrong.

Originally posted by Reg
I noticed that this version has greatly improved memory management. Now, my files open much more efficiently. The only thing I don't care for is the little thing on the lower left hand corner that says Windows XP Professional, For testing purposes only.

you can get rid of it by right clicking desktop and clicking properties. --> desktop --> customize desktop --> Web --> lock desktop items. that gets rid of the for testing purposes only

also there was a way to do it in the registry too but i forgot the key to delete to get rid of it. ill look for it again

the keys are called "blob"
delete the folders that contain them. they are listed below

delete these keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\ROOT\Certificates\2BD63D28D7BCD0E251195AEB519243C13142EBC3

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\CA\Certificates\FEE449EE0E3965A5246F000E87FDE2A065FD89D4

gotta delete the folders that contain the keys as well

then reboot

yes but

but that makes the background show around the desktop icons :mad: so its the lesser of two evils I dont like seeing behind the icons ....so for now I guess I keep for testing purposes only but thanks just the same ..........anyone got a copy of that changed uxtheme.dll please!!!!!!

then delete the reg keys that i listed above and that solves the testing part and keeps transparent icons

lol

sorry bud you slipped that one is as I was typing thanks for the tip......I am fussy about my desktop lolol still looking for a copy of that uxtheme.dll thought I had one on a cd went through about 20 cant find the damn thing...... google gave me the patcher I had 3 copy's of that it dont work on sp1

thanks

Originally posted by espionage_man
Yo, Tbird94sc, do you think you could send me a link to download sp1073? Much appreciation if you will.

It's not like I posted it on the front page :p

Originally posted by Electronic Punk

It's not like I posted it on the front page :p

the link to download it wasnt working. so i went to the driver heaven pager and posted a link from a thread there that was fast

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back