soundcard?

O

oO ShifterZ Oo

wat sound card to buy?

keep it less then 150 most under 100 plz.

SoundBlaster cards are only good for gaming. If you are into music, go for a card that does not resample. Also Creative drivers are so overly bloated, it's not funny

I got a Philips DynamicEdge 4.1 soundcard. (I didn't get 5.1 because I use headphones 100% of the time and I don't have the space, or money to waste on all the speakers! :p ). The card supports EAX and EAX2 which is good for games that support EAX and audio from songs and movies is really good.

The card was easy to install and on the driver CD, if you have any difficulty, there are videos showing you how to install the card and the rest.

The card cost me £25, which is roughly $44. The card isn't the best card on the market, but I chose it over the Soundblaster Live! and I don't regret it (even though I havn't actually tried a Soundblaster Live! :rolleyes: ).

I'm not sure how available the card is in the US or the rest of Europe, but it's in most Computer shops in the UK

:)

I just bought a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS ($85) a few hours ago, but you may want to check out the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. The Platinum Pro seems a bit much, but that's only me. Creative is notorious for their drivers, yea, but there are workarounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back