Soundcard problem

G

G-Lizard86

Hey peepz, once again i got a problem :(, like i overclocked my 1.3 ghz celeron from 100x 13.0 to 114x13.0, it works just fine, but when i go higher the soundcard stops working! how is this possible? can anyone help?

isn't it possible that my soundcard doesn't support higher busspeeds? cause the rest of the system works fine...and the cpu is not getting hotter then 40c idle...

are u o/c the same as b4 or did you lower it.....and isnt your audio on board?

i see catch but i recall from his last thread on this that he had onboard audio he thought the driver was bad.....but im not sure thats why i was asking again to be certain.....

honestly i think its the processor, some CPUs you can clock high others you can't(even the same kind), thats just the way it :( goes ,...but i wonna see what other people have to say first.

Okay gonna have a look...euuh...it says Output: 145 watt...its a micro ATX..so does that make sense?

Onboard soundcard....i had the same thing this afternoon u know...changed from 114x13.0 to 117x13.0 and the sound didn't work so i tried everything drivers etc. but when i put it back it worked normally, buy a new soundcard or what?

WOW thats a small power supply u should @ least go w/ 300....now if that has anything to do with your sound dunno...
yes catch i agree Celerons are know for ease of o/c but i have seen some Celerons processors not do to well,....plus it has some to do w/ the mobo and other things,heat and bla bla bla ....etc etc:D

Hmm....at 114.0x13.0 it works fine..why all the sudden not?

well see if there are any updates first catch was saying something like you might need a BIOS update so see about that b4 u speend any more money......of course if you want a new sound card dont let me stop you:D

@ AOpen they strongly advice not to update my bios unless it's absolutely necessary...what do you think?

Mobo companies usually have disclaimers like that because you can really screw up your computer with a bad BIOS update. But if you know what you are doing I would go ahead and update the BIOS. And a problem with the sound would make the update necessary in my opinion.

like i said b4 you flash your BIOS wrong you may never use your pc again.......bc if your BIOS is messed up then you cant boot if you cant boot then you cant start....ya dig:( for right now i would just leave it were it is, you can try getting a new power supply and soundcard if you want to spend the money i dont know thats on you.

i guess the question i should ask you is do you think that since your sound worked when your not o/c that if you put a cpu that was a 1.x(whatever it is o/c@) that it wouldnt work?... then yes maybe you should flash you BIOS but if you have any doubt in you mind that its b/c of o/c then i would not chance it you have a perfectly good pc, its a hell of a jump from what you had b4;) plus i would give it a little more testing to see what she can do....see if there are any other drivers(and or devices) out there that might help you. i just dont want you to lose this pc since you just spent all that money on it n e ways:)

edit= added and or devices

I don't really get ure story but that's okay...lol...it's o/c now...running stable at 1.48 ghz, so i think i'll leave it that way...why do i need a bigger power suply?

it's most likely this simple...

when you increase your fsb, it also increase your pci bus speeds. at a 100mhz fsb, your pci slots are running at 33mhz (100/3), which is what they're meant to. when you bump the fsb up to 114, your pci slots are now at 38mhz (114/3)and pci cards are simply not meant to run at anything higher than 33mhz, but most will to a degree. you simply reached the limit of your sound card.

to get over this, try changing your multiplier on your cpu rather than just push the fsb higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back