Soundblaster 5.1 live! Installation ... NO CD

quench23

OSNN Newbie
I bought this sound card a couple days ago but i didnt get the CD... I tired going back to best buy where i got it , they wont give me a CD to ibnstall it.... anyone knwo where i can download the installer for it??

the installer is the driver....

haha, zeke is right. That download for the driver is the installer.

Yeah grab the file from American Zombie's link. Your better off getting the lastest from the manufactures site rather then the CD anyways. :)

Give us a hint. What error message? And what OS? XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95?

well its my friends PC and hes over at my house now,, hes going home soon so ill let you guys know in like 30-40 min....

XP has native drivers for SB Live 5.1, I got one on one of my Daughter's computers. XP will load them on it's own once ya put the card in and reboot.

Now if you're looking for the whole suite of goodies that come with the sound card, that's a different story.

American Zombie said:
What I posted then is the correct file and includes the patch.

Yeah, but no.

You need to have the Creative Play Center or Creative Disc Detector or Creative Disc Maker or Creative CD Burner, in order to use them. They are all updates.

Well it dosent for me it gives me that error message.... ill post the message soon

Was this an OEM or retail box?
If yes, email creative, tell them there was no CD in the box, Best Buy treated you very poorly, and ask them to mail a CD or for a place to download an ISO you can burn. Or just return the damn thing and tell the manager your lucky you don't file business fraud charges against him. Then email Best Buy corporate with the story. Best Buy has been slammed for bad business practices by several states.

Was it a returned item on the junk table?
You're screwed, those usually sell "as is". Ask around for someone with one you can burn a copy of the CD from.

gonaads said:
Yeah, but no.

You need to have the Creative Play Center or Creative Disc Detector or Creative Disc Maker or Creative CD Burner, in order to use them. They are all updates.

No, this is full driver install and that is why it is 23MB. My other PC has Live OEM card and this is what I install on a fresh XP install.

It says the following if you look at the package details.
This package can be installed independently and does not require other applications in the LiveDrvUni-Pack to be downloaded.

http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Creative_Audigy_SoundBlaster_Live_Driver_CD-4034.html

K buddy. This is what you need. It will take a little figuring out (it did for me), but eventually you'll make it work.

I did this two weeks ago, tried the SB drivers for a while, and realized why I used the KX drivers in the first place.

KX Driver Download

You'll like these better. Creative's drivers anger me, but the KX drivers are easy like Sunday. It has all the functions (and more) that the Creative Driver cd suite can cover, and there's no 300 MB downloads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back