Soundblaster 5.1 live! Installation ... NO CD

What is the model number? There is also a dell version of the card; you would need to download diff drivers for that. The dell's version is SB0200 I think. It should say on the card somewhere

I've had a similiar error, I just can remember the solution. I think its a stupid error.

quench23 said:
Linked that to my friend.... heres the error msg

http://img136.echo.cx/img136/8594/untitled3sn.jpg

then he formated and it dosent work

AHHA- missing info. He reformatted.
1) After he reformatted he has to reinstall the MB hardware drivers for PCI, AGP, LAN, etc. If he doesn't Windows may not see plug in cards that use the MB drivers.

2). Also, make sure the on board sound is turned off in the bios. It can conflict with the add in card.

Yeah, what he ^^^ said when the board's built in sound is on it will screw with yer card. But also you can remove the sound card and reboot without it. then shut down and reinstall it. If I remember correctly as to the error message and what Admiral Michael is trying to remember is...

*thinking* Oh yeah, there was a problem with the sound card and the first PCI slot. The one adjacent to the AGP slot (or rite below, the first from the top). I remember reading somewhere to put the sound card in any other PCI slot but the first one. Don't remember why but I had the same stupid error message way back where dinosaurs were still around and the SB Live first came out.

I think it was something to do with "Master PCI Slot" something something... blah blah blah. Wish I could remember, but it been long long time. :D

All my creative cards do that if you do install from the cd first. Just download winrar, install it then on the installer file right click and goto "extract to <filename>\" Then go into device manager and manually install the drivers. I have to do this with my audigy card every time i format. Its the way creative makes the driver installs; I think its a bad way of doing it, but what do they care :p. Just manually install the drivers and you should be fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back