sound skips and stutters when playing media files

• Thread starter bill_gates_mom
  • Start date
B

bill_gates_mom

Everytime I try playing a MP3, or an mpeg it seems like it skips and stuters for the first 5 seconds or so then its fine. I have tried the regular media player and winamp for MP3 but its all the same. Audio Cd's do this as well. Now my computer is no powerhouse but under windows 98 it played everything just fine. I tweaked the cache memory a bit and it seemd to help but not a lot. Any ideas or suggestions? My specs:

AMD-K62 500Mhz
128 RAM
Riptide Modem/soundcard combo

I am dual booting 98 and XP. 98 is on the primary partition and XP is on the next one. (I believe Microsoft recommends this anyway when dual booting 9x and XP)

Thanks

Are you by any chance running a Nvidia based video card ? The reason I asked is that I also had this problem and after I removed the Nvidia card the problem was gone. Also is your machine a Compaq by any chance ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back