Sound manager needed

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a 5.1 surround system, and I was wondering if there was a program that I could use on my laptop to control the output (set it up for surround, make the subwoofer work more, etc) I have Altec Lansing speakers on my laptop which is an HP dv9000z as far as I can tell my soundcard is the Conexant HD Audio, I know that Realtek has a program like this, which is what I am looking for. Any help?

thanks,
Jack

windows does this, as do the sound drivers. check control panel and your start menu.

windows does this, as do the sound drivers. check control panel and your start menu.
Yea i don't have anything on my computer to do it. I mean I know i have the right drivers because the speakers work, and the headphone jacks work, but they aren't optimized for surround. I have something in control panel that says SmartAudio but it does not exist, its a blank icon. Hmm...

its on a laptop....
And the drivers are updated. What i need is the program itself, I've already updated the drivers, I need i guess the UI

Right, so you could always get a laptop soundcard. I think creative has a few to offer as well as other brands.

To answer your question though, are you running Windows XP/Vista? 32bit or 64bit? If you are running Vista 64bit, try looking in the control panel and look for "View 32bit Control Panel Items" and look in there for something specific to your onboard sound.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back